Kj sport, renegade or limited?? 2.4 or 3.7??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The dash on that KJ is odd.... :D

Maybe they still offered the 2.4 in other International markets, but not the US...

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The dash on that KJ is odd.... :D

Maybe they still offered the 2.4 in other International markets, but not the US...

That was the point of my post, to prove that the KJ was offered with the 2.4L for '06. The dash looks "odd" because it has a few additional buttons for adjustments, etc, is Right Hand Drive, and well... yeah. :D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder why it's missing the grab handle above the glove box...

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resistance, it sounds like the 2.4L is what you need. It's the cheapest on your wallet which is what ultimately matters, IMO. So go get it!

Quite right. I don't know about other countries, but here only the sport package has the 2.4L engine. Actually, I never saw a KJ 2.4 Sport personally, neither did I hear good things about it:( I hope it's not as bad as they say:(

Found one and had a phone conversation with its owner. It's in another city, so I did not have the chance to check it myself yet. Anyway here's the link to it:

http://www.sahibinden.com/2006_mode...QQaXQQ17784867WQQpXQQdisplayitem?tab=megafoto

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Cool color combo, and the steering wheel is in the right spot... ;)

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite right. I don't know about other countries, but here only the sport package has the 2.4L engine. Actually, I never saw a KJ 2.4 Sport personally, neither did I hear good things about it:( I hope it's not as bad as they say:(

Found one and had a phone conversation with its owner. It's in another city, so I did not have the chance to check it myself yet. Anyway here's the link to it:

http://www.sahibinden.com/2006_mode...QQaXQQ17784867WQQpXQQdisplayitem?tab=megafoto

I really hate that color combo. That bumber and the fenders.. Made of cheap plastic I guess :eek:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score

Something I've heard too much of over the years... if it's not the biggest or best offered, it's crap. That's how some of these "Jeep" people are. I ignore them. I have a Grand Cherokee and catch a lot of crap because I have the 3.7L engine. Lots would say that it's underpowered, I disagree, I think it has plenty of power. But I heard someone say that the 5.7L HEMI version has too much power, which really is just enough.

Sad, really.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Your front axle can only stand a 31-32inch tire,I don't see needing goobs of power,low range makes up for a lot,as well as 4.10 gears in axles.Your countrys tax laws make it to your advantage to get 2.4L. Put a turbo on it later if more is needed.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
PT Cruiser 2.4 turbo engine...in a 2.4 5 speed KJ...4.10s, engine sees full boost at like 1800 rpm.

Would be pretty win off road

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about a 4 cyl TJ Wrangler? I've heard mixed reviews from people, but the people who have owned them seem to like them (that's what matters really I suppose).

You can wheel it all you want, and take advantage of your country's tax savings on the smaller engine. Win Win!

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said it will be fine for city driving
but have little to no guts out on the highway or off road
I have a TJ with the 4.0 I6 and 3.73 gears pushing 32" tall MTR's
if I had a 4 speed auto and not the 3 speed I would have 4.56 gears
I dont think I have the guts needed for off road
the 4 speed with 4.56 gears would crank out the same 3000 rpm at 70 that my 3 speed
does right now

now if you do go with the 4 ****** and want off road guts
do a 4 to 1 t-case
I plan to do a flipped dana 300 with a 4 to 1 gear set

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek:Hi all,

Well, my observations are that Africa was conquered with 'puny' 2 litre and 2.3 litre Land Rovers with standard wheels + tyres. A combination of low range, patience and good driving did it. There is no reason why a modern 4 pot of 2.4 litres with more hp and a lighter vehicle couldnt do the same. Sure it won't be a highway beater but it aint a Lambo either. It's a Jeep. If ya wanna 'haul ass' buy a Dodge Challenger

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek:Hi all,

Well, my observations are that Africa was conquered with 'puny' 2 litre and 2.3 litre Land Rovers with standard wheels + tyres. A combination of low range, patience and good driving did it. There is no reason why a modern 4 pot of 2.4 litres with more hp and a lighter vehicle couldnt do the same. Sure it won't be a highway beater but it aint a Lambo either. It's a Jeep. If ya wanna 'haul ass' buy a Dodge Challenger

point missed
those rovers were geared much lower
and even the modern rovers with V8's suck and need gears down in the 5's
to pull 33's

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's Canadian dollars, with maximum discounts!
Provincial Government run Insurance.

And not to mention that your live in the greater Van area. I pay a cool $1000 a year for insurance in the middle of nowhere Alberta with 21 years of ticket free/accident free driving. $250 deductable, $50 deductable on glass. Oh and I pay $75 as year to "register" my Jeep. The $75 gets me the sticker for my plate. Government insurance isn't all that bad, I spent 18 years living and driving in Saskatchewan. It probably has more to do with where you live Ry.