Kj sport, renegade or limited?? 2.4 or 3.7??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work for Firestone,all there tires are crap(along with Bridgestone).

MT/R's all the wayperfect10.gif
LOL yeah sure...stick to your crappy Goodyears that always end up at the bottom of every tire category.

Destination A/T and Dueller Revos are ranked 1 and 2 in the A/T tire category. I rest my case...

ThunderbirdJunkie said:
Go spend some money on a set of Silent Armors or Michelin LTX AT2s if you think your Firestones are that good. Enjoy your vibration issues and belt separations later on down the road. Cooper is the only company that makes a good budget tire.
Lol Goodyear...you mean Badyear. No thanks. Michelin...yeah...but you pay a pretty penny to have "Michelin" on the sidewall. Vibration issues? belt separations? Nope!

Better get your facts straight boys\\:D/

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not all Good years are bad, and not all Firestone/Bridgestones are good. Both make great tires, both have made crappy tires. :)

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
LOL yeah sure...stick to your crappy Goodyears that always end up at the bottom of every tire category.

Destination A/T and Dueller Revos are ranked 1 and 2 in the A/T tire category. I rest my case...

Lol Goodyear...you mean Badyear. No thanks. Michelin...yeah...but you pay a pretty penny to have "Michelin" on the sidewall. Vibration issues? belt separations? Nope!

Sorry dude...but no, you don't have any belt separations or balance issues yet...just wait :)

ThunderbirdJunkie has been in the tire business a while...he's seen things you don't know.
High end Goodyears and Michelins are some of the best tires money can buy, period.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Come to Colorado and I'll show you how bad those AT's are:D,better bring plenty of spares from all the sidewalls your going to cut before even getting to the trail head.

The only reason I'm running Toyo MT's is the fact at the time finding 35" MT/R's was impossible(all headed to Afghanistan) and was about a year before the Kevlar MT/R's came out,Firestone/Bridgestone don't make 35's,you couldn't pay me to run BFG's,and Interco's just are not DD freindly in 35"+ sizes(about the best offroad tires made though).They will be the next set of tire I will buy,never had a issue on any surface with the MT/R.2 Jeeps(WJ and KJ),3 sets of MT/R's(225/75R16's,245/75R16's,and 265/75R16's) with no flats or bead loss with some seriuos abuse on road and off road over almost 100,000miles.

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for interrupting, but do you think this problem may have something to do with back wheels alignment and balancing?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score

About the only thing I have to say about that is this, just because it's rated higher by... others... doesn't always mean that it's the tire for that "other" single individual.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see. I had that adjustment done in my former cars, I thought this would have that option too.
Most cars are FWD with 4 wheel independent suspension which + adjustability of all 4 wheels in most cases but not in all,some cars on have one adjustment and that is front toe and all the others are non-adjustable.The KJ uses a solid rear axle which fixed,no adjustments just like every other solid rear axle vehicle.

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok today there was some light rain, and I had a chance to try the slipping issue once again.

On the 2WD mode, I moved forward with sudden acceleration and the back of the vehicle slipped from side to side. I didn't turn any corners, this happened when driving straight.

Then I switched to full time 4WD and made some sharp turns. I was quite safe, there was no slipping. 4WD has its own disadvantages though, like more gas consumption and less acceleration.

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I would doubt the less acceleration and gas mileage shouldn't get any worse as you are still dragging the unused front axel's weight in 2wd.
Doesn't see to make much difference in mine.:rolleyes:

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I would doubt the less acceleration and gas mileage shouldn't get any worse as you are still dragging the unused front axel's weight in 2wd.
Doesn't see to make much difference in mine.:rolleyes:

Talking about 4WD..

As far as I have read in the forum posts, it's ok to use the full time 4WD in any condition and as long as I like, otherwise, it wouldn't be "full time", would it?

But part time 4WD can only be used on snow, ice, mud, etc. right?

Is it ok to switch to full time 4WD at any speed, or should I slow down, or better completely stop?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You can shift in the 4 full any speed up to 55 MPH...let off the gas, shift, then hit the gas again...

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

I find it funny that you think Goodyear M/T R tires are not that good!

Interesting thing is though, I've never seen Destination A/T and Dueller Revos
on ANY competition off road vehicles!
Whether it be Baja pro trucks or rock crawling or Pike's Peak Hill Climbing, etc. etc. Rage!

And then you comment about paying for the name Michelin on the side wall?
Bull Chit!
Michelin tires are among the best in the world.
And for so than Firestone tires.

I'm glad you are happy with you Destination A/T tires Rage, but don't knock
another product that you obviously have ZERO personal experience with.
That makes you sound rather ignorant.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, opinions on tires are like belly buttons. Everybody has one (or two) and they are all different. Personally, I love my Crapyears. I've got some Wrangler MTs on the Soft 8s and Dunlop RVXTs on the stock rims. Both are great at what they do. I've even sworn that Motomaster LTX all-seasons are the best all around tire for minivans. Uniroyal Tigerpaws turned my '84 Rabbit into a freakin' snow plow and the Toyo's on the honey's Pathfinder are pretty damn good too. 'Nuff said.

Last edited: