KJ Skidplates for sale - Brand New Unused

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Been out of the KJ game for a long time now, but still have some brand new unused Mopar Skid Plates. These were for my 05, but I've jotted down the Part Numbers below. Have sat in an attic for years.

All Brand New - Asking $225 cash. Pickup only in Iowa. Includes OEM hardware. The fuel tank one is still in a big box.

82206122 Fuel Tank Skid Plate 02-07
82210003 Transmission Skid Plate 05-12
82210769 Front Suspension Skid Plate 05-12
82209455 Transfer Case Skid Plate 04-07

Shoot me a PM if interested.

Thanks!
-Eric

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any resource on how to install the latter three skids on a 03'? Possible / impossible?

Hi all,

Been out of the KJ game for a long time now, but still have some brand new unused Mopar Skid Plates. These were for my 05, but I've jotted down the Part Numbers below. Have sat in an attic for years.

All Brand New - Asking $225 cash. Pickup only in Iowa. Includes OEM hardware. The fuel tank one is still in a big box.

82206122Fuel Tank Skid Plate02-07

82210003Transmission Skid Plate05-12

82210769Front Suspension Skid Plate05-12

82209455Transfer Case Skid Plate04-07

Shoot me a PM if interested.

Thanks!

-Eric

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kit should comes with all the hardware and instructions. even a nutzert install tool

I'm asking because all mopar skids here(except first) specify model year compatibility which does not include 2003. Will those be mountable on an 03' with easy mods?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only mod you'll need to make is to the transmission skid plate - and only a small mod.

There is a hole in the front of the skid through which you gain access to the engine oil drain plug. The skid has a couple of tabs on it that attach to the front crossmember in the middle of that hole - the '03 doesn't need those tabs. To make it work on your '03 just cut the tabs off and it will fit perfectly. I ran one for quite a while and now uss2defiant is running it on his.

Bob

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm asking because all mopar skids here(except first) specify model year compatibility which does not include 2003. Will those be mountable on an 03' with easy mods?

I couldn't tell with the provided part number but the KJ skid plates for the engine, transfer case and tank should be all the same for KJ.
Like what bob said, the 03 didn't come with a ****** skid but would work with some mod.

The skid I got from bob also came with a dent which was pounded by bob to clear the exhaust by the front cross member.

I haven't install it yet but I think I'll need to drill a hole in the rear cross member for a nutzert for the ****** skid.
If i'm not mistaken there should be hex shaped holes for the nutzerts.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't tell with the provided part number but the KJ skid plates for the engine, transfer case and tank should be all the same for KJ.
Like what bob said, the 03 didn't come with a ****** skid but would work with some mod.

The skid I got from bob also came with a dent which was pounded by bob to clear the exhaust by the front cross member.

I haven't install it yet but I think I'll need to drill a hole in the rear cross member for a nutzert for the ****** skid.
If i'm not mistaken there should be hex shaped holes for the nutzerts.

Ha! I forgot about the "BFH mod" I made to that skid! Given the wide variety of exhaust system styles that particular mod may not be needed - but it's an easy one to make.

Time to get that skid installed, Brian! ;)

Bob

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! I forgot about the "BFH mod" I made to that skid! Given the wide variety of exhaust system styles that particular mod may not be needed - but it's an easy one to make.

Time to get that skid installed, Brian! ;)

Bob

It's in the plans for this summer!! got to finish up a research paper. close to wrapping that up!

jjl

Reaction score
Are these still available? I'm local in Nebraska.