Just ordered some new horns.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I think that I'd be in one heck of a hurry to get out of the way \:D/

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Got them installed today!!! WOW what a good buy! lol. Sounds cool, feels like I am now driving a semi truck.

I'll get some pics when my camera gets fixed and a sound clip. Right now it goes on with both stock horns and it sounds nice! Also I wired it so that they do not chrip when locking-by the way I have my relay hooked up theres a slight delay before the relay activates, allowing just the stock horns to chirp real quick. They do go with with the panic feature tho.

Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I mounted it where I used to have the huge stock air intake, but there in such a way that I could get the stock intake back in with the horns in the same place.

When you lock the car doors, the horn chirps for a split second. Since the duration is so short, the relay turns on just as the duration finishes and the pump doesn't have enough time to build up pressure, so the air horn doesn't turn on-which is nice, cause I don't wanna blow my ear drums every time I lock my car. Normally I never use the key FOB, to lock the car, since I have aftermarket security system. But my aftermarket security system has a faulty connection lately, and hasn't been locking the doors all the time-So thats why I've been using the jeep key fob lately. So I gotta check that out when it warms up.

Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
pics2.gif

Big Negative, camera is in a million pieces right now. I am supposed to get some parts in hopefully soon. Then I'll post some pics. Unless you want the camera phone pics #-o

Bennett

jarvis

Reaction score
Bennett said:
Well I got the relay all installed today, just waiting to get the horns. Supposed to be monday.

Anyways, I was planning to have a selector switch between the stock horns and the air horns. but this proved too difficult to do, since the wires for the stock horns were really hard to get at. I ended up just hooking both horns to work simulataneously. 8-[ Hopefully it sounds ok, otherwise I will just simply unplug the stock horns.

Bennett

Bennett -- I've bought one of these to install on the jeep:

http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/...ebel_Air_Horns&Category_Code=Stebel_Air_Horns

I've found the horn under the left front bumper, but the wires are very difficult to get to. I think pulling the triggering wire from the stock horn relay would be better.

Do you know where the stock horn relay is?

Thanks,

BlueRidgeKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
L.O.S.T. on the Blue Ridge Parkway , Western NC Mo
2003KJ said:
Bennett said:
yea so far, they got me for, uncovered lights roof lights, which in the end I resolved that by putting connectors on the roof. So that if the lights are unplugged it's ok to have the caps off.

and no front license plate, so I had to rigged that back up without the factory license plate holder.

I am just waiting for the front tinted windows ticket. lol

but all these tickets are simply fix it tickets, which means there's no money penalty.

Bennett

oh ok, I thought they were more serious tickets. Like speeding or something.

I damn near got a speeding ticket this fall goin to the mountains. Some shmoe in the fast lane was doin about 10 under the limit (limit is 70 on this stretch of I-40) and there was no one around (or so I thought) and I was rockin out to my tunes :headbang: and didn't feel like slowin down and waitin for him to not move, so I blew right by him (in the right lane) runnin about 85-87. Then I saw a NCHP officer (the wrong guys to mess with) sittin off the shoulder in the bushes with his radar gun out clockin people and here i come haulin ass at 85mph in a 70. WOOPS!!! I slammed on the brakes but it was too late. I watched him cut his lights on and pull out into the highway. :-# Now saying every prayer i could possibly think of, I kept an eye on him and as fast as he got on the highway to come after me, he got right back off and hid behind the bushes once again.

I will NEVER speed in that section of I-40 as long as I live...LOL. He coulda had me for Wreckless Driving, Speeding, AND Passing on the wrong side.

I could just picture him handing me a ticket, :evil3:

lol.. u ever heard of radar detector? lol i prob been on i-40 so much the cops know my KJ now lol.. traveling from asheville to greensboro.. then down 421 to sanford.. then 87 to fayettenam.. ive always had a detector.. have never had speeding ticket ever.. actually no tickets.. /me is good driver :)

Bennett.. suxs bout the ticket with the top lights w/o cover.. i always run w/covers off.. never had any problems in NC or TN.. must be a state to state thing.. i been thru tons of checkpoints.. especially in uwharrie.. no probs.. always show my license and ccw.. and im good to go

jarvis

Reaction score
jarvis said:
Bennett said:
Well I got the relay all installed today, just waiting to get the horns. Supposed to be monday.

Anyways, I was planning to have a selector switch between the stock horns and the air horns. but this proved too difficult to do, since the wires for the stock horns were really hard to get at. I ended up just hooking both horns to work simulataneously. 8-[ Hopefully it sounds ok, otherwise I will just simply unplug the stock horns.

Bennett

Bennett -- I've bought one of these to install on the jeep:

http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/...ebel_Air_Horns&Category_Code=Stebel_Air_Horns

I've found the horn under the left front bumper, but the wires are very difficult to get to. I think pulling the triggering wire from the stock horn relay would be better.

Do you know where the stock horn relay is?

Thanks,

(bumped so my Q doesn't get buried...)

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
The relay is in that box under the hood I believe.. I'll go check.

Bennett