New member from NC 06 Liberty limited 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PIMking13

Reaction score
Hey Y'all. I've been trying to register for a while but for some reason my yahoo email wouldn't get the conformation.

Anyways I bought a Liberty a few months ago that is high miles (190k) but was mechanically sound except for a few things.

Since owning it I had to replace:

rear drivers side window actuator (not planned lol)
rear hatch shocks (planned knew about that when I bought it)
and my big job

Upper control arms
LBJ
New Tie rod ends
New sway bar links and bushings
new struts and rear shocks

Next on my list is doing the front brakes

However the lower ball joints were a BITCH! couldn't get them out for the life of me, had to heat them up and take a big boy hammer to get them to move and the new ones were not much easier putting in. After I did that and everything is golden now. I love this thing, rides meh but it is what it is (came from cars never owned an SUV) and MPG is sitting around 18 MPG. all the accessories work like they should and overall it's gonna be a good little truck for the time being.

I did take my handheld carpet shampooer and shampoo the vehicle a couple of weeks ago too.

The only thing I'd like to find would be the jack kit since mine didn't have it and get a second key programmed.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Congrats on being able to do all the above work yourself.
Sure sounds like you are indeed ready for many good miles ahead now!
Are you planning any lighting, accessories or stereo upgrade?
Considering the weight of the kJ, the Oem scissor jack is thin metal/ scary & can bend easily.
You could find the OEM jack at a junk yard but then you could also find one of these that is 10x stronger!
You must be registered for see images attach

Consider doing rear diff lube every 35k and always refer to owners manual/ fluid specifications for transfer case front diff etc requirements.
Spark plugs use the NGK as listed on the under hood sticker, every 35k, keeps Jeep happy!

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Y'all. I've been trying to register for a while but for some reason my yahoo email wouldn't get the conformation.

Anyways I bought a Liberty a few months ago that is high miles (190k) but was mechanically sound except for a few things.

Since owning it I had to replace:

rear drivers side window actuator (not planned lol)
rear hatch shocks (planned knew about that when I bought it)
and my big job

Upper control arms
LBJ
New Tie rod ends
New sway bar links and bushings
new struts and rear shocks

Next on my list is doing the front brakes

However the lower ball joints were a BITCH! couldn't get them out for the life of me, had to heat them up and take a big boy hammer to get them to move and the new ones were not much easier putting in. After I did that and everything is golden now. I love this thing, rides meh but it is what it is (came from cars never owned an SUV) and MPG is sitting around 18 MPG. all the accessories work like they should and overall it's gonna be a good little truck for the time being.

I did take my handheld carpet shampooer and shampoo the vehicle a couple of weeks ago too.

The only thing I'd like to find would be the jack kit since mine didn't have it and get a second key programmed.

Congrats, as far as the ride comment, KJ's came from the factory with crap suspension ( reason I upgraded mine on my new 04 before it had 20,000 miles on it )
Good NGK copper plugs should get ya a little better mileage

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the OEM jack is really feeble and a pain to use when you are stuck at the side of the road with a flat. Rather get a decent jack as shown by LibertyTC;)