Just ordered some new horns.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I had to use my stock horn lately, boy it seems a little under powered.

So I went over to Wolo Mfg and found some new ones.

You must be registered for see images

Model 417

AIR POWERED - produces a powerful "BIG RIG TRUCK" Sound.
each trumpet is about a foot long. 118db

Sound Clip - http://www.wolo-mfg.com/417.wav

Should work out well.

Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
No I don't need train horns, lol...

I'd be scared to honk the horn. The police would be writting me another ticket.

Bennett

2003KJ

Reaction score
Bennett said:

Bennett

ANOTHER ticket???

damn i could prolly hear jans horns down at my house...LOL

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
yea so far, they got me for, uncovered lights roof lights, which in the end I resolved that by putting connectors on the roof. So that if the lights are unplugged it's ok to have the caps off.

and no front license plate, so I had to rigged that back up without the factory license plate holder.

I am just waiting for the front tinted windows ticket. lol

but all these tickets are simply fix it tickets, which means there's no money penalty.

Bennett

2003KJ

Reaction score
Bennett said:
yea so far, they got me for, uncovered lights roof lights, which in the end I resolved that by putting connectors on the roof. So that if the lights are unplugged it's ok to have the caps off.

and no front license plate, so I had to rigged that back up without the factory license plate holder.

I am just waiting for the front tinted windows ticket. lol

but all these tickets are simply fix it tickets, which means there's no money penalty.

Bennett

oh ok, I thought they were more serious tickets. Like speeding or something.

I damn near got a speeding ticket this fall goin to the mountains. Some shmoe in the fast lane was doin about 10 under the limit (limit is 70 on this stretch of I-40) and there was no one around (or so I thought) and I was rockin out to my tunes :headbang: and didn't feel like slowin down and waitin for him to not move, so I blew right by him (in the right lane) runnin about 85-87. Then I saw a NCHP officer (the wrong guys to mess with) sittin off the shoulder in the bushes with his radar gun out clockin people and here i come haulin ass at 85mph in a 70. WOOPS!!! I slammed on the brakes but it was too late. I watched him cut his lights on and pull out into the highway. :-# Now saying every prayer i could possibly think of, I kept an eye on him and as fast as he got on the highway to come after me, he got right back off and hid behind the bushes once again.

I will NEVER speed in that section of I-40 as long as I live...LOL. He coulda had me for Wreckless Driving, Speeding, AND Passing on the wrong side.

I could just picture him handing me a ticket, :evil3:

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Bennett said:

Bennett

he didnt have those hooked up yet when i saw him...tho..since..when i hear a train horn..around here...i often look for a black KJ with a sniper rifle on the roof rack....LOL

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
I damn near got a speeding ticket this fall goin to the mountains. Some shmoe in the fast lane was doin about 10 under the limit (limit is 70 on this stretch of I-40) and there was no one around (or so I thought) and I was rockin out to my tunes :headbang: and didn't feel like slowin down and waitin for him to not move, so I blew right by him (in the right lane) runnin about 85-87. Then I saw a NCHP officer (the wrong guys to mess with) sittin off the shoulder in the bushes with his radar gun out clockin people and here i come haulin ass at 85mph in a 70. WOOPS!!! I slammed on the brakes but it was too late. I watched him cut his lights on and pull out into the highway. :-# Now saying every prayer i could possibly think of, I kept an eye on him and as fast as he got on the highway to come after me, he got right back off and hid behind the bushes once again.

I will NEVER speed in that section of I-40 as long as I live...LOL. He coulda had me for Wreckless Driving, Speeding, AND Passing on the wrong side.

Lucky dog! =D>

Doesn't your heart just sink?!

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
2003KJ said:

Lucky dog! =D>

That is one of the worst feelings..... ](*,)

2003KJ

Reaction score
yoda13 said:
grogiefrog said:
2003KJ said:

Lucky dog! =D>

That is one of the worst feelings..... ](*,)

No kiddin! I could just see my insurance rates climbing. Plus, inbetween the prayers were a few random swear words. I believe the "F" word came out and the "S" word a couple times....LOL

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been there. Recently even. What I hate as much is being directly in front of a cop, and not knowing where he came from. I'm generally a pretty good driver, havent had any accidents or tickets in many years. But I drive with the flow, if the average traffice is +10MPH, I'm +10MPH. I'm not the fastest thing on the road, nor am I the slowest.

Anyway, get a cop behind you when your +10, even tho everyone else is too, and I can feel the blood draining from my face.

Sigh

Blu

2003KJ

Reaction score
BluPhant said:
I've been there. Recently even. What I hate as much is being directly in front of a cop, and not knowing where he came from. I'm generally a pretty good driver, havent had any accidents or tickets in many years. But I drive with the flow, if the average traffice is +10MPH, I'm +10MPH. I'm not the fastest thing on the road, nor am I the slowest.

Anyway, get a cop behind you when your +10, even tho everyone else is too, and I can feel the blood draining from my face.

Sigh

Blu

Thats how I usually drive.

But a co-worker was doing that on the way to a business trip a couple years ago, in a company car (Ford Taurus). Well the limit was 65 and she was runnin 90 with the cell phone jammed up her ear. The cop pulled her and gave HER a ticket, nobody else in the group. When he asked her "do you know how fast you were going mam?" She said, "well I was going as fast as the people in front of me" (LOL!!!!!!!!!) His response was "well, had they all driven off the bridge, would you had driven off too????" She was silent the entire time he wrote the ticket. I can't ever remember laughing so hard at work as I did when she told me that story. We still make fun of her today about it. And thats the reason why we all have hands free sets for our cars. Needless to say, she was late for that meeting...LOL

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I got the relay all installed today, just waiting to get the horns. Supposed to be monday.

Anyways, I was planning to have a selector switch between the stock horns and the air horns. but this proved too difficult to do, since the wires for the stock horns were really hard to get at. I ended up just hooking both horns to work simulataneously. 8-[ Hopefully it sounds ok, otherwise I will just simply unplug the stock horns.

Bennett

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the horns on my parents motorhome work simultaneously and the air horns just drown out the stock horns, and it sounds OK, IMO.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
yoda13 said:
the horns on my parents motorhome work simultaneously and the air horns just drown out the stock horns, and it sounds OK, IMO.

Ok great. thats good. I kinda figured it would do that.

I just hope the horn isn't too loud when I go to lock the liberty.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yoda13 said:
lol, yeah that might scare some folks.

If I saw something in my rear view mirror with all of Bennett's lights, and blowing the horn, I would worry that I was on the rail road tracks, lol!

=D>

Latest posts

Members online