Jeep Liberty Electric Supercharger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These things gave been popping up on enthusiast forums since the 90s. It's a leaf blower and not a very good one.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although a lot better than some of the computer fan "superchargers" I have seen, you think about it you would need to pump a LOT of air, just to keep up with the intake.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you fall for that I got some ocean front beach property to sell you back in South Dakota for cheap.

Not even remotely possible to do with a small setup like that.The RPM's needed to add 1psi of boost would require more amps then your alternator and battery can supply together.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's right up there with Nigerian royalty that need to deposit cash into your account for a little while.

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a forced/cold air intake to your airbox would be better than a electrical fan. And you can fab one for $10.

Speaking of electric fan, I was thinking of putting a push Rad Fan in front of the Radiator and tie together with the pull fan. I think it would benefit for stop/go/gridlock type traffic where forward momentom is not happening. My 63 Falcon doesnt handle stop/go trafic well, need to make a better fan cage and put some push fans on it. But holding off til I get back from Korea. Totaly off the targer. Sorry guys..

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you fall for that I got some ocean front beach property to sell you back in South Dakota for cheap.

Not even remotely possible to do with a small setup like that.The RPM's needed to add 1psi of boost would require more amps then your alternator and battery can supply together.
It will be after global warming!

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you wanna get ridiculous - be ridiculous :p

ratchet strap your backpack leaf blower to the hood, and pipe it through a hole in the fender (word of advice.. anticipate a snorkel in the future and put the hole there..) run a bicycle handbrake cable from the backpack leaf blower into the jeep and have at it

at least when you're done goofin off and scaring everyone in your town you won't be out of any money :p

then spend the money on a snork and call it a day

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Current Draw - Idle 1.5 Amps
Current Draw - Acceleration 350 Amps
Current Draw - Steady State 220 Amps

better put that booster in conjunction with the "waste to watts" doohicky they're designing too

all for saving CO2 .. at the expense of how many fragged batteries ?

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vs using the Battery Powered blower, why not get one of those belt driven blowers that is used on older Mustang's that do a blow-through the carberator. Then just replace the duct and airbox for it to blow right into the throttlebody. with something custom fab'd duct work.. But I suspect your boost will probably damage your pistons. Talk on other thread about the engine cant handle much. But the leaf blower is a joke, probably no more gain than a forced air scoop to bring in true cold air.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and if it's an actual leaf blower.. think of all the dog hair and crap your spitting out with it :p

my lil backpack leaf blower comment was a joke, however I have seen someone try it.. for the life of me I can't remember who or where it was or what ended up happening

pretty sure it was at pendleton