It'll never happen to me ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
She's Baaaaaaack! :D:D:D:D:D:D

... and covered in anti corrosion goop .. in all the right places ;)

One thing I did not expect, a brand new leather wrapped steering wheel!!!! When I bought her it had the requisite shiny spots from the previous owners 4 years of driving... now my interior smells of brand new leather :)

Oh.. and it looks like I have to repaint my tow hooks (rotflmao)

You must be registered for see images attach

I was going to scan the invoice for info and interest... until I read the glaring "Do not divulge any info to third parties" .. or we'll hunt you down and kill you warning :rolleyes: so I'll just black out the top secret pricing info ;)

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HA HA, it says hah.gif"wagon" on the invoice. Makes me think of my dad's '76 Town n Country. Wood grain and all. Seriously though, glad to see you got your KJ back at home.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
HA HA, it says hah.gif"wagon" on the invoice. Makes me think of my dad's '76 Town n Country. Wood grain and all. Seriously though, glad to see you got your KJ back at home.

Ya .. lmao I thought that was pretty weak! ... but they made up for it with the "Excellent" condition she was labelled by the Appraiser :D It's like a Gold Star

Thanks Y'all! ... goin out to stare at her up :D and double check the new parts

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
She's Baaaaaaack! :D:D:D:D:D:D

... and covered in anti corrosion goop .. in all the right places ;)

One thing I did not expect, a brand new leather wrapped steering wheel!!!! When I bought her it had the requisite shiny spots from the previous owners 4 years of driving... now my interior smells of brand new leather :)

Oh.. and it looks like I have to repaint my tow hooks (rotflmao)

I was going to scan the invoice for info and interest... until I read the glaring "Do not divulge any info to third parties" .. or we'll hunt you down and kill you warning :rolleyes: so I'll just black out the top secret pricing info ;)

Luke

Item #34....flex additive? Replace Economy What is that? You got more flex now??

item #39 Trans Fluid......Replace Economy?? What fluid?

I don't mean to be a pain, and I know the insurance paid for it, but I think you should look over the bill closely and ask them anything you have questions on. Some parts say "replace OEM" and Mopar part # shown, and some say "Replace Economy".

I am not used to looking at body shop bills and might have drank too much water today and am starting to get a little hydrated or something....

Glad you got it back though. Welcome back to the Jeep World.

Dave

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I am not used to looking at body shop bills and might have drank too much water today and am starting to get a little hydrated or something....

Glad you got it back though. Welcome back to the Jeep World.

Dave

Yeah,I know that feeling.;)

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Luke

Item #34....flex additive? Replace Economy What is that? You got more flex now??

item #39 Trans Fluid......Replace Economy?? What fluid?

lol3.gif You took my joke before I could type it :D

Already have those ?'s on my list but your diligence is appreciated! I have to go back next week when the pass grab handle comes in ... they say it is cracked although you'd never know it .. although now the glove box doesn't open properly so ... where am I going to store all the stuff I had in there :eek:.. might have to rent a trailer ;)

I look forward to their explanation as to how I get more flex now :) other than that the only other "economy" item is the "Factory Hardware" ? and economy corrosion protection I'm not too worried about .. as long as it doesn't start to eat away at the jeep or something ... it is doused in it!

*Item #44 is missing from that list which was the Alignment

In the mean time anybody know what #41 ISOLSTOR could be?

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
My 04 has both grab handles one above glove box, and A-pillar both sides.
Luke, I am happy to hear you have your own wheels back, it looks real good!
Just remember where the part-time handle is, and use it if it's nasty out there!:)

Dave08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope.
I don't think 02-04 came with them.

All I have are the "oh ****" handles on the a-pillars.

Nope... They're an option for those of use without the "mans-mission" as you would say.. 04's can for sure have them. I think I've been in an 03 with them too.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
flex additive was added to the paint on the bumper
new steering wheel was replaced due to air bag etc going off
all looks like they did a good job

Boiler

Reaction score
If "economy" trans fluid means they changed your transmission fluid, I'd question what they used. Might be time to do a flush and then change the filter, to get some quality fluid in there.

I'm assuming an isolstor is in fact "isolator" since a and s are close on the keyboard, but it doesn't tell me what they actually are talking about.

Glad to hear you got your ride back though, looks awesome!

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow this has been quite a tale. I actually read all nine pages of this posting to get all the details.

- We're all glad that nobody was hurt in the accident. Typically one doesn't hit black ice alone you hit it with a bunch of other vehicles. That's when it becomes really deadly.

- Luckily you struck the wall dead on so all you had was frontal damage. If you happened to hit in on a corner you could have bent the entire unibody or even flipped the vehicle.

- I know airbags are there to protect you but I'm paranoid that one will bust my pretty face in a minor fender bender.

- I'm really impressed with your insurance company. They made decisions promptly and didn't haggle for the cheapest parts and even gave you a rental. Is there any chance you can tell us who you were insured with? I'm very suspicious of insurance companies that promise low low rates. Will they actually be there when you need them.

I think the way you reacted when you realized you were on black ice proves your good driving skills. Most of us would panic & simply jump on the brakes.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a how-to on here or LOST not too long ago showing exactly how to put the glovebox handle in a 02-04 with part numbers and pictures, you name it. Was pretty simple but required a few minor mods to the plastic.

Glad to see you got it back, looks nice!!

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
flex additive was added to the paint on the bumper
new steering wheel was replaced due to air bag etc going off
all looks like they did a good job

Thanks Tom that makes sense, but I thought they would just replace the clock spring and airbag cover, not gonna argue about a new wheel though :D

If "economy" trans fluid means they changed your transmission fluid, I'd question what they used. Might be time to do a flush and then change the filter, to get some quality fluid in there.

I'm assuming an isolstor is in fact "isolator" since a and s are close on the keyboard, but it doesn't tell me what they actually are talking about.

Glad to hear you got your ride back though, looks awesome!

Ya I don't like the sounds of that either, especially since I just had the Trans serviced about 10k ago.... at another dealer... with ATF4. I'm thinking ISOLSTOR must be an abbreviation for something, the value was about $30

Wow this has been quite a tale. I actually read all nine pages of this posting to get all the details.

Thanks for the kind words! The fact that we were spinning at the time of impact must have limited the crushing damage we sort of just kissed off the wall in mid spin. My insurance company is INTACT formerly ING Insurance ... y'know ... that annoying dude that just keeps sayin' "Save your Money". I was very impressed with their service. My rates are reasonable as well. Well they were with no accidents for 20+ years , we'll see how that changes in the future.

Thanks again everybody! :D

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Budke .. if you want it .. I will definitely ask them for the old grab handle. I'll ever split the postage with ya little buddy :D

Latest posts

Members online