It'll never happen to me ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Do you suppose they mean isolator? such as and engine or transmission mount?
I would expect after a collision as violent as yours that something in the drivetrain was damaged.

That sounds more plausible than a suspension part but what do I know ... I'll make 'em splain it all to me when I go back. Looks like they had to replace all of the steering components maybe an isolator in there somewhere?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The grab handle above glove box also incorporates a dark, small, smoked glass window with SRS airbag light.
It is lit fairly dim, and I really only notice it when it is dark out. It acts as an indicator if weight is in seat.
The idea is, if no one is in seat, the passenger side air bag is not armed, so it wont go off in a crash.

Last edited:

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's also there to disarm the air bag if children are in the passenger seat...certain weight threshold.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know what you find out when they explain it all... Why would they do a fluid and filter change on the trans? I didn't see a new radiator or transmission cooler in the list, that would seem like a good reason to do it if they had to replace something which contains transmission fluid, see my logic there?

I'm thinking the other guys are right, Isolstor is supposed to be Isolator, the S and A are side by side on the keyboard as others have mentioned, makes it an easy typo.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
The grab handle above glove box also incorporates a dark, small, smoked glass window with SRS airbag light.
It is lit fairly dim, and I really only notice it when it is dark out. It acts as an indicator if weight is in seat.
The idea is, if no one is in seat, the passenger side air bag is not armed, so it wont go off in a crash.

Tell me about it .. my wife is right at the threshold .. some days she is heavy enough to activate it other days not :D

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure you comment on how big her butt looks on those days she triggers it :D

That will earn you extra brownie points ;)

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Why thank you, fine sir.

If ThunderbirdJunkie MAY IMPOSE

Please tell them that, because he is pretty sure they are not informed of this little facet of life known as knowledge.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
My experience will show, that it is really only when one is not looking that the informed and deliciously habitable female types will find you... and that when it rains it pours :confused:

However I will put the word out :D

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Just fyi budke

When multiple people are looking, regardless of their gender...

They're usually making fun of you ;)

Unless you have a snorkel.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Is one of those ladies your Mom.....looking for the deductible for her Civic...:D:eek::D
Bruce

(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)