Isolayor measurments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zero402

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you wonderful people have any front / rear upper / lower isolators sitting around that you would be so kind to measure the diameters of the outside and inside? It would be much appreciated.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Any of you wonderful people have any front / rear upper / lower isolators sitting around that you would be so kind to measure the diameters of the outside and inside? It would be much appreciated.

Rear yes have 15-20 of them, will have to dig them out of the lift " extras" box
give me a few
why fronts??

Zero402

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom. Energy Suspension has a some "universal" sizing and I want to be sure it measures up the same. I figured since the Jeep has 144k on it, its probably best to change all the iso's out for good measure.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The isos should be fine if they're intact. If you're going to switch anything out with springs and shocks, do the front shock mounts. They make a horrible noise when they go bad and you'll want to set your Jeep on fire. Get Mopar ones. My drivers one went bad at 162k, passenger is bad now at 164k, getting it swapped out this week.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the rear uppers, the diameter of the inner hole is pretty much 3" flat. Diameter of the whole thing is about 7". I don't have extra bottoms since most people who lift use extra tops.

I'm pretty certain the fronts are of a certain design. Probably not universal since they need to fit the bottom of the shock, the shape of the coil, and the top mount.

Last edited:

Zero402

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the rear uppers, the diameter of the inner hole is pretty much 3" flat. Diameter of the whole thing is about 7". I don't have extra bottoms since most people who lift use extra tops.

I'm pretty certain the fronts are of a certain design. Probably not universal since they need to fit the bottom of the shock, the shape of the coil, and the top mount.

Hey thanks dude! I was getting ready to give up on this. There is ZERO info on the net about sizes and even when I call the different manufacturers ( Crown and Moog ) they are like "we dont know we just do what is OEM.." Really???

Well that ***** on the 7" because largest I can find in poly is 5 7/16" outside diameter. Wonder how much extra material there is on the rubber OEM ones, meaning if the spring is right to its edge. Guess I gotta climb under there.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks dude! I was getting ready to give up on this. There is ZERO info on the net about sizes and even when I call the different manufacturers ( Crown and Moog ) they are like "we dont know we just do what is OEM.." Really???

Well that ***** on the 7" because largest I can find in poly is 5 7/16" outside diameter. Wonder how much extra material there is on the rubber OEM ones, meaning if the spring is right to its edge. Guess I gotta climb under there.
The spring us most definitely not on the edge of the isolator. The important measurement is the inner hole. The coil mainly wraps around that and uses a bit of rubber outside and that's it. Climb under to get a real idea.

Not sure Poly will be worth it for the rears. They hardly go bad. But to each his own! Would be more worth it for the fronts. Those cracked up after a year on me. But as stated earlier, pretty hard for those to be universal due to the coilovers.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dang it knew there was something I needed to dig out of my lift extra's , have to try tomorrow to remember
Getting old and forget really ....well , shoot what was I going to say..............:happy175:

Zero402

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang it knew there was something I needed to dig out of my lift extra's , have to try tomorrow to remember
Getting old and forget really ....well , shoot what was I going to say..............:happy175:

Im the same way. I have notes all over the house reminding of other notes that are telling me what to do :icon_cry:

Zero402

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom,

Can you confirm this: I crawled under Jeep and was able to measure the bottom pad. 4 1/8" inner with 7" outer. Thanks