Ironman lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bumping noise is the A arms touching the bottom of the A arm pocket. I'm gonna yank the front springs out next week and have the springs removed from the shocks and measure them to see if they are the same length. That migh just be the problem. I hope.

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So had the ironman Rep email me. Said for me to flip the passenger side springs to the drivers side and visa versa. The 1" height difference on the passenger side I currently have should translate to the drivers side after the flip. If it does, new springs for me. If it does not, I guess I'm trying to figure out shims and spacers to have a more level ride. I'll keep you guys (girls) posted who have been helping and following this problem. I might have time this Friday to do the right to left flip. Fun fun!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you get it worked out without too much more trouble. At least it sounds like they are trying to help you out. :)

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got some time on Saturday and removed the front shock spring assembly. Off to the suspension shop in the morning to have the springs flipped from left to right and visa versa. The idea is that it should flip my height difference to the drivers side.
I did a quick experiment before I removed both sides. I removed the 0.5" clevis spacer from the passenger side then dropped her back on the ground and tightened it all back up. Took a measurement and it was dead on balls level on both sides, telling me it's not my Jeep but that the springs are off.
Hopefully the weather here cooperates and I can get it back together so I can get my new springs and get on with this ordeal. I have a set of new tires, paid for, waiting to be installed. Can't wait to get this build done. Pictures will follow when the big blue ***** is all together. Lol.

Alan

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got some time on Saturday and removed the front shock spring assembly. Off to the suspension shop in the morning to have the springs flipped from left to right and visa versa. The idea is that it should flip my height difference to the drivers side.
I did a quick experiment before I removed both sides. I removed the 0.5" clevis spacer from the passenger side then dropped her back on the ground and tightened it all back up. Took a measurement and it was dead on balls level on both sides, telling me it's not my Jeep but that the springs are off.
Hopefully the weather here cooperates and I can get it back together so I can get my new springs and get on with this ordeal. I have a set of new tires, paid for, waiting to be installed. Can't wait to get this build done. Pictures will follow when the big blue ***** is all together. Lol.

Alan
Still could be the Jeep.I had the same issue with mine when I SFA'd it as did my buddies.Swapping coils from side to side did nothing but we both used adjustable upper coil mounts so no big deal,just adjusted the mounts to sit level.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok that makes sense if your swapping the spring on the shock otherwise you could just switch sides with the whole unit. They are putting you through some stuff the shock shouldn't make any difference.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok that makes sense if your swapping the spring on the shock otherwise you could just switch sides with the whole unit. They are putting you through some stuff the shock shouldn't make any difference.
Not positive about the clevis end, but the upper mounts are shaped differently left to right, not interchangeable.

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya they are left and right specific hence having the springs swapped. Guy at suspension shop said it most likely is the right rear is too high thus pushing down the drivers corner. Will know on Wednesday. Hope this solves it. It's getting slightly annoying. On a happy note getting to know my truck intimately. Lol.

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You had enough of it in there to get the idea across. :cheers:

You must be registered for see images attach

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny enough I took a picture tonight of her sitting on jack stands with the front all disassembled. That was the picture I was trying to post. Lol. Oops.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
NAPA and others parts places list two different ones but I've never had an issue with flipping from side to side before

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah and they have a right and left part # for my parking brake cables but they are identical,just did that so they can charge 50% for one side then the other.As far as those parts catalogs most still state the auto trans for a '02 KJ is the 42RLE and used to only list D35 as the rear diff.

I've swapped my coilovers from side to side before when my KJ was still IFS,no issues as the mounts are identical from side to side.I'm currently using JBA upper strut spacers as part of the front upper spring mounts,no left or right side noted anywhere and both plates came identical to each other.

Not everything you see or hear is actually true.