Ironman lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brackets are shaped differently, as well as the stud spacing/configuration being different. But from what they're saying, the assemblies will still swap from side to side. Which would mean the side that faces in on one side, would face out if put on the other side.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brackets are shaped differently, as well as the stud spacing/configuration being different. But from what they're saying, the assemblies will still swap from side to side. Which would mean the side that faces in on one side, would face out if put on the other side.
So what one is left and what one is right?

Both sides are identical.

You must be registered for see images

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The top of the shock plate is per side. When the shock and spring are assembled they are not interchangeable from side to side. The JBA top plate spacers are identically. Just flip it over to use on the other side. I think maybe the confusion here was terminology.

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up the assembled shocks and springs from suspension shop and will get them back in on Friday. Hoping like hell it's high on the drivers side, or even better that it now sits level. Please say a prayer to the Jeep gods!

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The top of the shock plate is per side. When the shock and spring are assembled they are not interchangeable from side to side. The JBA top plate spacers are identically. Just flip it over to use on the other side. I think maybe the confusion here was terminology.
Yeah, apparently not everybody was referring to the top mount brackets, as you and I were.
Prayer said!

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what one is left and what one is right?
Both sides are identical.

Those aren't the top mount brackets that were being referred to, those are spacer plates.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 pictures on your end, others only view one; the JBA spacer.
Perhaps 72 can show pictures of his mounts, instead of relying on irrelevant pics of aftermarket ones.

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I had the day today to work on the jeep. Got the front shock/springs back in the front. Stupid thing still sat the same. I then took the rear end apart and flipped the springs there. Put it back down and measured everything and I'm at 22" from top of the Center cap on the rim to the bottom of the fender. It sitting pretty much even all the way around. Can't explain it but who cares!!!? Getting the alignment done tomorrow then will call to see if new tires can go on Wednesday.

Alan

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
..Stupid thing still sat the same. I then took the rear end apart and flipped the springs there. Put it back down and measured everything and I'm at 22" from top of the Center cap on the rim to the bottom of the fender. It sitting pretty much even all the way around. Can't explain it but who cares!!!?...

I've had stuff that "should" have worked and didn't. Then I'd take it completely apart, put it back together, and voila! :freak3:

Glad you got it evened out! :cheers:

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, and Omfg me too! The old guy at suspension shop, who has years of experience said that it most likely is the rear passenger side pushing the front drivers down. After the front flip didn't do anything I took his advise. So happy! Now to get the roof light wiring done and enjoy!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
After what you've been through I'd say you qualify as "experienced" now too. :waytogo:

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I've had the entire bottom end of this thing apart several times. I'm glad I did it by myself so now I know how it all works and if I break something I know how to repair or replace it. To do it all over again.......probably not. Lol. Looking forward to getting the tires on and going out and enjoying my creation! Thanks to everyone here for all the help and collective knowledge on these trucks. Cheers!
Alan