Interior lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased an 06 liberty limited back in June. I have a silly question. The interior dash, hvac and radio lights all light up and the two front auto window switches do as well. Should the power lock switches in the front doors, the power mirror controls, cruise steering wheel controls and the rear window switches in the front as well as the two in the back of the center console light up as well?

offroad cowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two for the rear windows light up in my 06 .... but my door locks cruise and mirror dont light up on mine

sent by telegraph from my k30

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Normal. I believe it was '04 where the decontenting change occurred where those switches you mentioned no longer light up. :(

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My window switches and door lock switches light up in my 04.. nothing on the steering wheel does though

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a thread somewhere a while back where someone modded their own lights for all the switches which didn't have lights. He drilled out the center of the switch and use a bulb the size of a grain of rice. It was a job-and-a-half, but the daggone Jeep lit up the the Starship Enterprise when he turned the key.

Not a job for beginning electricians, though, or I might try it myself. :icon_mrgreen:

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^Wow, that's nuts!
I think I might hit a scrapyard in the spring and see if I can get the window switches and try my luck to see if they light up.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Necropost but...I had a dash light go out so I started looking around for other burnt bulbs and noticed the same thing. Door locks and rear window controls on center console do not light up but they do have the little green lens that light up in the picture TwoBobsKJ posted. Is it that there are no bulbs in the switches after 03 or that the bulbs aren't getting any power from the harness? If anyone put 02 or 03 switches in a 04+ and they lit up then its a bulb thing. If they didn't then its a wiring thing. Just wanting to know if I should head to a pick and pull or start hacking into my wiring harness again lol.