Insurance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
What's everybody pay for insurance??

I just filled out a quote at esurance and its only 90 bucks a month! That's a pretty good deal for my age of 23. I think esurance is a brand new company that deals only online based, but I think I am going to switch over to them. Even better esurance setup a sponsorship with the site. :)

Check it out for yourself.... to see if its cheaper for you.
(Click Below)
<a href="http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-1836507-10383723" target="_top" >
You must be registered for see images attach
</a>

What's everybody else paying?

TRowe

Reaction score
I'm 24, and I pay $68.90 per month on an '05 Sport 4WD. The actual 6 month premium is $383.40 . That's full coverage with a $500 deductable. The company is Safeco. I had never heard of the them, but my insurance agent works with them, so that works for me.

Tim

Edit: I just got my esurance quote, $67.66 a month. Pretty darn close!

dnm45227

Reaction score
OK, just remeber you got me started.

I have State Farm and had two claims last year, that caused a 35% jump in my rate! I have a business coverage policy (my wife uses hers for newspaper delivery and training new carriers on routes) w/ 250 comp 500 collision deductibles w/$100,000-$300,000-$100,000 coverage, med payments, uninsured/underinsured coverage on the '02 and '05 KJ's.

Now for the part that hurts, all the above runs us $345 a month. Beleive me I shopped it and most companies won't touch us because of the business use.

Forgot that $54 of that is for the homeowners insurance, still high to me though.

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pay $134/month for my 2003 KJ and 2003 Chrysler LXi Sedan through State Farm. Coverage is for my wife and myself.

MikeD0106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 24...

Monthly Payment: $129 *rounded up* When I turn 25 *in June* it's supposed to drop significantly.

Deductibles: $250 for comp & collision. $0 for glass.

Coverage:

Bodily Injury & Property Damage
50k/person
100k/accident
50k/property

Emergency Road Service

Car Rental/Travel Expenses
80% each day
$500 total per occurrence

Uninsured Motor Vehicle
50k/person
100k/accident

Underinsured Motor Vehicle
50k/person
100k/accident

Death, Dismemberment and Loss of Sight

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey thanks...

If I told any of you what I am paying right now, you'd all laugh at me, since it is so high... I have a perfect driving record too which is weird, but i figure it has to do with my age.. Well my birthday is this (May 12) Friday so I'll be turning 23.. also on that day is my last FINAL exam of college FOREVER!! So it's going to be a fun day! Graduating this Sunday.

I'll have to check out some other places too... but from the ones i checked so far esurance was my best bet.. I already looked at progressive and allstate.

Bennett

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the insurance changes at 25 for men and 23 for women...unless its different depending on which state you are in.

I did a quote on Esurance and it came out nearly $50 more bucks than what I pay now with the same full coverages and deductibles...($114/month at State Farm)

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pay about 68/month with USAA

100/300 liability
100 property

250 deductibles on comp and collision.

Ugg

Reaction score
I'm an insurance agent in Virginia (please don't shoot me). The price you pay depends not only on age, use of vehicle, driving record, coverage selection, deductibles, but also your zipcode. For an example, I have 19 year olds paying less than 44 year olds. No offense but comparing rates over an internet forum is like trying to get an apple to taste like an orange. The best thing to do is call your agent and have him look at your coverages to see if you can save money. If you don't like the outcome shop with another provider who does biz in your area.

FYI esurnace is owned by Progressive. Progressive has over 500 Million profiles (different price structures). That last time I looked there were not 500 Million drivers in the U.S.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Ugg said:
I'm an insurance agent in Virginia (please don't shoot me). The price you pay depends not only on age, use of vehicle, driving record, coverage selection, deductibles, but also your zipcode. For an example, I have 19 year olds paying less than 44 year olds. No offense but comparing rates over an internet forum is like trying to get an apple to taste like an orange. The best thing to do is call your agent and have him look at your coverages to see if you can save money. If you don't like the outcome shop with another provider who does biz in your area.

FYI esurnace is owned by Progressive. Progressive has over 500 Million profiles (different price structures). That last time I looked there were not 500 Million drivers in the U.S.

Thanks for your advice!!

Bennett

BlueRidgeKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
L.O.S.T. on the Blue Ridge Parkway , Western NC Mo
i have home insurance with ERIE out of PA. so they give you car insurance at a $20-40 discount or something LOL. i live in NC.. but with my old 93 Beretta GTZ (which insurance companies claim is a sports car right up there w/a corvette for some dumb reason) and my 2004 Renegade.. i pay $85-90/month for 9 months for a year.. with $500 deductible.. i think thats not bad.. i used to have State Farm a long time ago w/just my Beretta.. i am 36.. never had even a TICKET or an accident EVER and then I got into accident not my fault some moron did illegal uturn and ran.. anyways.. i hit the guy in front of me that hit someone else in front of him.. 4 lane 5'oclock traffic.. anyways.. they tried to double my policy w/o telling me.. i was like.. hellnah.. went to progressive.. but once i bought this house.. ERIE was cheaper then even progressive..

i might have to check into some of these other companies you guys have.. hell any other insurance agents want to hook us up :)

also.. for the insurance guy.. my wife originally is from WA state.. she moved here and then we got married.. she forgot/lost her drivers license from WA.. well time went by and she didnt need to drive.. so she forgot about it.. well now that we moved and got a house.. her job is 30mins away since we live in western NC mountains.. i asked about getting her a NC license and they want to change me out the A$$ for insurance cause i cant prove she was a licensed driver.. they want treat her like a 16 yr old.. i called WA state DMV and they said they dont keep records after so many years.. WTF.. nobody can tell me anything.. so for now I have to drive my wife to work and back :( sometimes its 2 times both ways so like 180miles aday.. she roves from one bank to another..

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have erie here in pa, Got the wifes jeep, 97 jetta, 77 chevy truck, and a 37 jag kit car that is titled as a special construction. All have full coverage adn collision with 500 deduct and my payment is 153 a month. Seems to work out real well. THe liberty is the most expensive for the year at 724 bucks, but thats ok with me. I also have my homeowners insurance through them which gets me that discount and that comes from the house mortgage.

MikeD0106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
Well my birthday is this (May 12) Friday so I'll be turning 23.. also on that day is my last FINAL exam of college FOREVER!! So it's going to be a fun day! Graduating this Sunday.

You must be registered for see images
& good luck with the final.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mutt said:
I pay a ton.....................speeding tickets.
You must be registered for see images

Good one!

Anyway... $90 for both Jeeps. Married, over 30, no wrecks ever (at least for myself... not the wife), and no tickets that hit. Plus I've been with State Farm since I was 18.

Ugg

Reaction score
"also.. for the insurance guy.. my wife originally is from WA state.. she moved here and then we got married.. she forgot/lost her drivers license from WA.. well time went by and she didnt need to drive.. so she forgot about it.. well now that we moved and got a house.. her job is 30mins away since we live in western NC mountains.. i asked about getting her a NC license and they want to change me out the A$$ for insurance cause i cant prove she was a licensed driver.. they want treat her like a 16 yr old.. i called WA state DMV and they said they dont keep records after so many years.. WTF.. nobody can tell me anything.. so for now I have to drive my wife to work and back :( sometimes its 2 times both ways so like 180miles aday.. she roves from one bank to another.."

You're right. She is classified as a new driver. Relax, after 3 years of having her licensed back she will becomes a seasoned driver and the rates will drop. I'm suprised that you are able to get insurance. In VA if one spouse is licensed and the other isn't you can not get automobile insurance. (Unless the spouse is disabled).

NomadKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bennett, I saved $200.00 with esurance, same coverage. I'm 63 with a clean record.

BlueRidgeKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
L.O.S.T. on the Blue Ridge Parkway , Western NC Mo
Ugg said:
You're right. She is classified as a new driver. Relax, after 3 years of having her licensed back she will becomes a seasoned driver and the rates will drop. I'm suprised that you are able to get insurance. In VA if one spouse is licensed and the other isn't you can not get automobile insurance. (Unless the spouse is disabled).

aight.. i guess have to break down and get her license if she get promoted :) heh then we could afford it..

I wonder if I had an old truck and got insurance JUST for her on it.. like have it in her name.. would it be cheaper? like OLD truck.. i want to get an old 50's truck and restore it somewhat.. not orig but hotrod/4x4 :)