Air helper plus OME 948

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hobolurkin

Reaction score
So, I've ordered new front end parts for a refresh, plus Bilstein shocks (stock front, the longer Dakota ones rear). My current setup is stock, with the "1000 lb" Air Ride in-spring air bag helpers. I'd really like to keep the air bags, as the load I carry can vary from just me + minimal roadside gear (90%) to 3 adults, dog, recovery gear and towing a 2000# tent trailer (7-ish %), to 3 adults, dog and recovery gear off-road. I like the ride and squat adjustability.

Has anyone run the OME 948 with air bags? Is it going to be too much? Even unloaded, the bags need 5lbs of pressure. Will a 947 do me better in this case? I'm kind of thinking the 947 with the bags, plus the 927's in the front would be pretty even and similar? I'll have a 12000 lb winch mounted to the front on a carrier that fits into a front receiver, but only those few times off road. Weight of the winch in front of the bumper is 100lbs, plus 30-ish for the front receiver.

tia!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running 948 & went with a pair of Monroe coil over's.
Nice ride indeed when loaded !

Attachments

• Monroe 58649.jpg
    Monroe 58649.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 9

hobolurkin

Reaction score
Fair option, but I've already ordered the Bilstein shocks from south of the border (no stopping or returning them without a huge loss), and I've already got the air bags. Have them installed in the stock springs

Latest posts

Members online