I couldn't think of a cheecky title

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my 17 yo daughter hit the ditch and had a single roll over in the jeep. She was alone in the vehicle at the time.

THANK GOD THAT SHE IS UNHARMED AND OK!

I tell you it was quite a stressful day yesterday, and even today. It's hard not to think of the "what if's", but you just have to remind yourself that she is safe at home. I am going to attribute her accident to first and foremost her lack of driving experience, with those details I am not going to get into. Secondly, I will attribute what happened to the weather. It was a mostly clear day, but windy with drifting snow and icy road conditions. I believe it was a relatively slow roll, but obviously fast enough to get the jeep back onto it's wheels, tough to say as the snow in the ditch was quite deep, and the ditch itself is graded downwards, helping the momentum.

A few pics.

This one is from where she went in. Yes and as she admitted, she was probably going a bit too fast for the conditions. Although, making the pictures larger it doesn't seem as far, but statement of speed still pertains.
You must be registered for see images attach

Same distance but in reverse, I was standing in front of the JK for the fist pic.

The roll over marks in the snow

And probably the last time I see it on the road. with the (structural) damage to the roof, consensus is it will be a write off.

Sad indeed for the Liberty, but happier than you would expect for the return of our unscathed Daughter.

The rest of the Pics are on page 2 here.

Liberty by boboborino | Photobucket

Bert

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Held up pretty d*mn good. Glad she's ok and hopefully she won't be terrified to get behind the wheel again later. Patients will more than likely be a virtue. Best wishes to all.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First glad she's OK.
I've seen pictures and a few in person that rolled and they are tough little devils.
Will be waiting to see what they do with the KJ

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that is one of the scariest events your daughter and of course parents can experience.
I am Thankful she is ok for sure.
The Jeep is one quality, safe ride, and it almost looks like, kick the windshield out, & drive it home..
Were the A-pillars bent at all? IDK but it may still be possible to weld in a new roof from a JY and be good to go again?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad she is ok.

Poor KJ though. Seems like the cab area held up good in the rollover and protected her.

Dave

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Held up pretty d*mn good. Glad she's ok and hopefully she won't be terrified to get behind the wheel again later. Patients will more than likely be a virtue. Best wishes to all.

Thank you kejobe, I think she'll be fine, she's a pretty tough individual. We sent her to the store with her older brother in his Vue, she did fine, she drove there and my son drove home, and of course he was fish tailing to tease/upset her. I guess that's what older brothers do:emotions34:

First glad she's OK.
I've seen pictures and a few in person that rolled and they are tough little devils.
Will be waiting to see what they do with the KJ

Thanks Tom. Yes it did hold up fine. Tow truck driver thought it would be a gonner. I should find out next week

Wow that is one of the scariest events your daughter and of course parents can experience.
I am Thankful she is ok for sure.
The Jeep is one quality, safe ride, and it almost looks like, kick the windshield out, & drive it home..
Were the A-pillars bent at all? IDK but it may still be possible to weld in a new roof from a JY and be good to go again?

Thanks LTC. The A-pillars were completely fine! All four doors opened and closed as they always have. Yes technically I guess that could be welded. I'm not sure of the legalities and policies of our MPI(Manitoba Public Insurance)

Glad she is ok.

Poor KJ though. Seems like the cab area held up good in the rollover and protected her.

Dave

Thank you Dave. The KJ started right up and all functioned well. I threw it into 4x4 lo and helped the tow driver with the last few feet out of the ditch.

Bert

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the A/B/C pillars are okay a new roof skin can be put on and there not that expensive but it is a little labor intensive.

They don't weld the new ones on,they use a special epoxy and glue them on,when prepped correctly it's stronger then welding.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad your daughter is OK. The rest is just details and paperwork.

2002KJLimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to get the roof repaired, it'd be sad to see another quality Jeep KJ sent to the scrapyard just because of some roof damage. Try finding a donor car to get a clean roof from.

Should let your kid drive it again as they'd remember how it protected them last time, would help re inspire some confidence behind the wheel.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least she's ok. From the pics, the damage doesn't look all that bad. Did anything other than the roof get dented? The soft snow was a salvation.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the A/B/C pillars are okay a new roof skin can be put on and there not that expensive but it is a little labor intensive.

They don't weld the new ones on,they use a special epoxy and glue them on,when prepped correctly it's stronger then welding.

Good to know, we'll see what happens. Thanks tjkj2002 (Troy)

Glad your daughter is OK. The rest is just details and paperwork.

Thank you prof.

"details and paperwork" :insane:

:yucky:

But I'll take it!

Try to get the roof repaired, it'd be sad to see another quality Jeep KJ sent to the scrapyard just because of some roof damage. Try finding a donor car to get a clean roof from.

Should let your kid drive it again as they'd remember how it protected them last time, would help re inspire some confidence behind the wheel.

Thanks 2002KJL, yes it was in great shape for the year, with low KM's (mileage)I will see what I can do. I loved the Jeep, but it was not my daily driver, it was my wife's winter driver, if you get my drift

:deal:

:console:

At least she's ok. From the pics, the damage doesn't look all that bad. Did anything other than the roof get dented? The soft snow was a salvation.

No it's not that bad, considering. There is a little damage to the hood, side mirrors. Roof and windshield of course. The problem if I understand it is if they consider it a "write off" or "Salvageable" or "repairable" We'll see what happens.

Thanks CactusJacked

Bert

Last edited:

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So glad to hear that your daughter is OK. After driving for 40 years, I can't even imagine how I would feel after a rollover much less how we would feel if our son were in one. Very impressed with how the Liberty survived but I agree that deep snow probably really helped as well.

Scott

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Scott. I too have never had the mis fortune of rolling a vehicle, God knows I've done plenty of stupid driving, luckily I've never really been involved in any accidents.

Bert

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad she made it.

Good to hear she's okay! If they write it off as salvage, I'd get that baby bought back, a new roof panel-bonded on and continue to use it as a winter driver..
Once more glad to hear she's okay!!!

----------------------↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑---------------------

Thanks

Bert