How to turn off security system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaycherie

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty. Someone busted my window and broke into my car. When I tried to start the car it wouldn't start. Nothing happened. I took it to a mechanic and he said that the alarm was engaged and that was preventing my car from starting. But he doesn't know how to turn it off. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, deja vu all over again.

Did they do any damage to the interior, particularly the steering column area?

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're gonna need someone with a dealer level computer to fix that...

kaycherie

Reaction score
The guy at Midas didn't say specifically what he did. He did say that he looked in the manual and followed the procedure but it didn't work

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
The guy at Midas didn't say specifically what he did. He did say that he looked in the manual and followed the procedure but it didn't work
You're gonna need someone with a dealer level computer to fix that...
There are many different levels of reprogramming tools. I think 04Liberty is correct, it's going to take something specialized for this.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many different levels of reprogramming tools. I think 04Liberty is correct, it's going to take something specialized for this.

If what I'm thinking happened has happened, the system worked as designed to prevent stealing the vehicle and your PCM has been locked. It will require the dealer computer to unlock it and reset it so it will run. If you were a tad bit closer I could do it for you.