how much work will this take?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so ive seen people making a custom front bumper form a stock wrangler bumper and i was thinking of doin the same. but then i saw this for $100 and figured it would mount with the same mods as a stock bumper. so how much trouble would it actually take to make this work. have access to a welder and a certified welder to do the welding.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason the link takes FOREVER, but if its a tj, just need to extend out the mounts, INC had a awsome front bumper from fabtech

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It says it fits 97-06 tj's. The bumper is on the home page of 4wd.com i just went through the icon in the prefered vendors section

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it loaded, looked just like the fabtech prerunner bar that INC installed. You have to extend the mounts, thats about it.

And also to make it look good you also have to cut the "wings" off the unibody.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it loaded, looked just like the fabtech prerunner bar that INC installed. You have to extend the mounts, thats about it.

That was my plan if i used he stock tj bumper. Just do some careful measuring and cut the plastic bumper cover to to fill the gaps between the grill an under the wheel wells.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Not a good idea to start cutting into the unibody

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus welding will be not the best idea since the unibody is rather thin and you'd be trying to have thick steel welded to sheet metal.Not enough penitration into the thick steel of the bumper or just end up burning holes in the sheet metal equals a weak weld.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can it be bolted on with high grade bolts? I never got a good look at how it all comes together so i really dont know whats goin on in that area

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you weld extensions to the tj bumper and bolt it in place where a front hitch would go.

I dont know about cutting the wings off, but im just stating what inc did to his. I have pictures on my computer of his bumper.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you weld extensions to the tj bumper and bolt it in place where a front hitch would go.

I dont know about cutting the wings off, but im just stating what inc did to his. I have pictures on my computer of his bumper.

Could you post those up for me? I dont mind some custom work

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pictures where linked thru INCs photobucket account.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

he did a lot of questionable things to his, more than likely why it went through 5-6 owners in less than a year after he dumped it

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, cutting the wings off looks cool, but after looking at the front body it seems like it would have to be renforced some how.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres a few pics of his black kj, until i can get the close ups of his bumper