Helping out the little guys.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andersonbc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chaz0_man0 said:
First time putting the winch to the test?

Close, I got stuck myself 5 minutes prior. The combination of a muddy creek, steep incline (and one big ass tree root) got the better of me :)

marlonjbt said:
\:D/ LOL. Nice of you to help them out, hehe, they'll never admit to it.

Maybe I could use it as blackmail ;)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
andersonbc said:
chaz0_man0 said:
First time putting the winch to the test?

Close, I got stuck myself 5 minutes prior. The combination of a muddy creek, steep incline (and one big ass tree root) got the better of me :)

marlonjbt said:
\:D/ LOL. Nice of you to help them out, hehe, they'll never admit to it.

Maybe I could use it as blackmail ;)

hehe, hopefully they won't twist the story around...

"I broke my axles and steering linkage strapping this Liberty out that thought it could offroad."

:-s

Go KJ!

jpjeeper2000

Reaction score
Well he cant what was behind him when he broke his axle and other stuff!!I also think that he said that he used his winch what five times?

chaz0_man0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hehe, hopefully they won't twist the story around...

"I broke my axles and steering linkage strapping this Liberty out that thought it could offroad."

Go KJ!

ITs a likely story... LMAO...

andersonbc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy seemed to really know his stuff. He had just finished a frame-up restoration (5 years total). This was actually the first time he had taken it out, so I guess it's normal to have a few problems. As I was leaving I heard him say something about using a wheel lug nut to fix the steering.

We were pretty far in. I wouldn't be surprised if he made it out before I did! Those guys saved my ass shortly thereafter when my vehicle started sliding sideways in a muddy spot. They ran over, in the middle of fixing their Jeep, and kept my Libby from sliding into a tree as I backed out. It took me about an hour to get back to an access road. I guess that is to be expected when you have to use a winch to get into an area :)

The good thing about this whole experience is when my wife, who admitted to having tons of fun, told me we should fast-track the wheels, tires, and rear locker. It's a great when your wife (translation: financial officer) gives you the OK to spend a couple grand!

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
andersonbc said:
The guy seemed to really know his stuff. He had just finished a frame-up restoration (5 years total). This was actually the first time he had taken it out, so I guess it's normal to have a few problems. As I was leaving I heard him say something about using a wheel lug nut to fix the steering.

We were pretty far in. I wouldn't be surprised if he made it out before I did! Those guys saved my ass shortly thereafter when my vehicle started sliding sideways in a muddy spot. They ran over, in the middle of fixing their Jeep, and kept my Libby from sliding into a tree as I backed out. It took me about an hour to get back to an access road. I guess that is to be expected when you have to use a winch to get into an area :)!

That was cool of them. That must have been some mud! Good post!

andersonbc said:
The good thing about this whole experience is when my wife, who admitted to having tons of fun, told me we should fast-track the wheels, tires, and rear locker. It's a great when your wife (translation: financial officer) gives you the OK to spend a couple grand!

Funny! I know what you mean!

andersonbc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
Did you thraten to leave her out there unless she signed a blank check?

Ha, lol! I think that would have gotten me in trouble ](*,)

grogiefrog said:
Funny! I know what you mean!

Yeah, it's better to have her on my side!

She still rolls here eyes when I buy parts for my Nitro RC hobby. She told me that at least she can ride inside this truck :)