Help Needed For Rear Window Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my rear drivers window starts making a noise like rubber rubbing on glass and the window didn't go all the way back up.

I pulled over to investigate and found that I could move the window freely up and down. Not good. I pushed it all of the way up and I just now took off the door trim to see if I could figure out what was wrong, figuring it was off track or something.

This thing has me baffled! The plastic thing attached to the bottom of the window is in a track but for the life of me I can't figure out how it moves up and down and how to keep it in the up position.

Is this the infamous regulator issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, this is an '02.

Last edited:

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the inner door:

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's one of the fix I did to keep the window in the "up" position:

You must be registered for see images attach

I took two cable ties and secured them underneath the bottom of the plastic "shuttle" attached to the glass. At least you cant just push the window down to gain access.

Crap!

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. wjkj is right. That's another regulator issue. Identical symptoms as mine.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. wjkj is right. That's another regulator issue. Identical symptoms as mine.

Did you order and replace yourself?

Any tips for a new replacement person?

Edited to add; left and right are different?

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you order and replace yourself?

Any tips for a new replacement person?

Unfortunately no. It broke at a very inopportune time between finals and work, so it was fixed by the dealer. Plus, since my vehicle is parked in high traffic campus parking lots, it was not safe to leave with such a loose window for any length of time.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. It broke at a very inopportune time between finals and work, so it was fixed by the dealer. Plus, since my vehicle is parked in high traffic campus parking lots, it was not safe to leave with such a loose window for any length of time.

There should be a "how to" here with the rate these things fail.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is pretty easy. Unhook the glass from the regulator by taking the clip out. Then, take off the five screws. Pull the old one out, then put the new one in. Bolt it back up and put the clip back in. No much to it other than that.

My bolts were 3 x blue and 2 x red/pink.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine took a **** on my yesterday aswell. I wanted to put my fist through it it made me so mad. I learned in the other window problem post that it should be covered under warranty so I have to call the dealer. But for my own knowledge, in the pic provided, where is the regulator?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.