Front power windows acting flaky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spazticus

KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heya,

I'm having some weird windows issues lately with the windows on my '11 Liberty. Sometimes the front two windows will simply not respond to the switches. It can happen on side or both, sticking the window in place up wherever it is. It will usually resolves itself within five minutes, whether or not it's been driven (bumps and body roll have no effect). First I rebuilt both console switch sets, then I tried buying a new driver's side one, cleaned all window wiring contacts, and replaced the fuse a few times.

Has anyone encountered this particular issue? There are a couple other electrical ghosts but they don't feel related; in the last few weeks the windows might go down during the night as though the key fob had been clicked four or five times, but I think that's the fob (replacing that later today) and some of the dash lights will go on and off with the same randomness. I'm tempted to pull every bus I can find and clean them up.

Thanks!

john e denson

Reaction score
I was just wondering if you replaced your alternator recently. My Libby did a lot of strange electrical things when I replaced mine. It turned out the amperage was wrong and was causing my problems.

Spazticus

KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have the stock alternator, but maybe I should take a closer look at it. If it's starting to fluctuate with age that could be an issue.

john e denson

Reaction score
I kind of doubt it if you have your stock alternator. I would have looked at it if you had changed it recently.

CHIPPER146

Reaction score
Not sure if your problem is actuator motor related, but if it is and you need to replace the unit I just did it to mine, and it was a breeze to do. I got the actuator off Amazon, and it dropped right in and is working fine now. The symptoms of my issue were the window went down then it wouldn't go up. I had to pull it up and Duct tape it in place until I got the parts in the mail.