Window regulator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heavymetalduck

Someone with a wrench and free time.
Reaction score
Gary did the typical kj liberty thing and his window regulators are on life support. Except for the rear driver side that one just flatlined and is no longer moving.

What brands are best and which ones should I avoid?

Are there any that have a better design than oem?

Last edited:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the motors are still working (can you hear it) then you'll want to just replace an internal plastic bit with metal. See link above. I found mine on the Amazon.

Heavymetalduck

Someone with a wrench and free time.
Reaction score
If the motors are still working (can you hear it) then you'll want to just replace an internal plastic bit with metal. See link above. I found mine on the Amazon.
I can't hear mine pretty sure the motor moved on to the afterlife

I made sure both switches still work fine.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't hear mine pretty sure the motor moved on to the afterlife

I made sure both switches still work fine.
Sometimes when the plastic bit brakes it jams the mechanism and prevents motor from moving. You could very well need new regulators, but a little exploratory surgery might find it's just the broken plastic. Didn't bother looking back at which is you problem window, but a similar kit is available for each one. If your motor is good I'd go this route as the plastic is known to break even on new ones. These can be a little bit of a battle to put in, but it's worth it.

Passengers Front Power Window Lift Regulator Repair Kit Replacement for Jeep 68059644AA https://a.co/d/9h2fF20