Help...14 hr road trip & no cruise control!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erzebet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone out there tell me which fuse is for the cruise control on an '06? I drove from NY to Atlanta yesterday (980 miles) and I realized 2 hours into this 14 hour drive I have no cruise.

I turn it on, I see cruise on the dash- but it will not set the speed! I thought perhaps it could be a fuse...I want cruise for my return drive next weekend. Could take it to a dealer here - but I am afraid of opening a can of worms so far from home...

Any info suggestions much appreciated.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the owners manual there is a fuse diagram that tells you. Yours is an 06 and mine is an 05 so they might possibly be different.

Dave

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see a fuse for cc listed in the '06 owner's manual. Hmmm...maybe someone else can look, in case I'm missing it.

msnx2k

Reaction score
I just installed cruise control and i never had to put a fuse in. I dont know if this helps or not but i dont think there is a fuse for it... check your vacuum tube that may have some thing to do with it.

Erzebet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are the Vacuum Line(s)?

I just installed cruise control and i never had to put a fuse in. I dont know if this helps or not but i dont think there is a fuse for it... check your vacuum tube that may have some thing to do with it.

Can anyone give me a ball park area in the engine compartment where the vacuum lines are? Worth giving it a look.

msnx2k

Reaction score
right behind your airbox is the CC servo there is a small tube on the left side that runs toward the firewall. The vacuum line leads up right behind the reservoir. the tube on the right side is the cable that goes to you throttle body.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find "Cruise Control" more of a nuisance than anything!
It puts me to sleep on a long drive.
I find that it takes "attention" away from the driver.
When my foot is on the gas pedal, I am in control!

I find those who don't use their cruise annoying.... Speeeeed up, slowww down, speeed up, slowww down... Set the F'ING CRUISE!!

There is nothing i hate more then getting on the road and setting my cruise and then the person in front of me is one of those people who can't keep a steady speed to save their life.

Not to mention the gas savings using the cruise as well.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be a bad cruise servo too, but i would suspect its something else first. Check the wiring connector on the servo, and as the others mentioned check the vacuum lines. It's so easy to have a vacuum leak.

I looked through the service manual on my 03' and the cruise control is powered off a fuse along with a bunch of other stuff, so if the cruise is the only thing not working than i doubt its a fuse, but as i said that's on the 03' KJ.