headlight info.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering what the fog lights bulb number is. also what are the renegade light bar bulb number. i know the headlight is 9007kopkrab.gif

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Well the thing that concerns me is the extra heat produced. Can the 05+ fogs handle the extra 22W.

Good question Rage!
I guess as long as the vehicle is moving it shouldn't be a problem.
I run 100 watt 9005 bulbs in the factory fog lights in our 2004 and even
when I am sitting in traffic I have not had any problems yet!

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Well the thing that concerns me is the extra heat produced. Can the 05+ fogs handle the extra 22W.

I have been running the 9005 high beam bulbs in my '04 for the last 2 years with no problems....

I get 65 watts each for my fogs....150 watts each from my KC's and the regular SS headlights....so I have plenty of light when I need it. The only problem I have found, is that people keep flashing their lights at me cause my fogs are so bright.:rolleyes:

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running the 9005 high beam bulbs in my '04 for the last 2 years with no problems....

I get 65 watts each for my fogs....150 watts each from my KC's and the regular SS headlights....so I have plenty of light when I need it. The only problem I have found, is that people keep flashing their lights at me cause my fogs are so bright.:rolleyes:
Well it looks like the 02-04 fogs can handle the extra heat, what I am wondering is if the 05+ fogs can. Different housing, lens, etc. Anyone done this mod on an 05+?

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like the 02-04 fogs can handle the extra heat, what I am wondering is if the 05+ fogs can. Different housing, lens, etc. Anyone done this mod on an 05+?

The only problem i could see on the 05+ style fog lights is they are physically smaller in size and could make heat buildup more of a problem, about the only thing i could suggest if someone doesn't chime in here that has done it is to try replacing one bulb and turn it on and monitor it, either by your hand or with a infrared thermometer and see how hot it gets and just keep a close eye on it for say 10-15 minutes and just see if the heat buildup is too much.

I wouldn't think it would be, but you never know.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, like kbOnly said....try it and see.....I only came up from 55w to 65w in the fogs, so the lenses should be able to handle that small amount of extra heat...10w per side.

And Ryan went up to 100w per fog with no problems....so I think you should be good too. I know his is an '04, but I would try at least the 65 w bulbs...that gives a nice clean light and plenty of it where you want it too.

Let us know what happens.....(popcorn)