Headlight adjustment bolt is stripped (2002)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishyx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was trying to adjust the headlights on an 02 and found that the drivers side plasic adjusting assembly is cracked. I did a search and could not find a replacement. Is it part of the whole headlight assembly or a replaceable part?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was trying to adjust the headlights on an 02 and found that the drivers side plasic adjusting assembly is cracked. I did a search and could not find a replacement. Is it part of the whole headlight assembly or a replaceable part?

My Export CRD will have different system to yours...has electrical height adjustment...so I cannot answer your question.

You could try using a small soldering iron to melt the cracked sections together or else try find the parts at a breaker yard.

You can download the 2003 Parts Fiche here...close enough to a 2002...and see if they list the parts as one complete assembly...most likely...or if you can get individual parts:shrug:

Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of head lights and new fogs made by TYC for pretty cheap on amazon. Around $60 for the pair of headlights, and about the same for the fogs

Edit: take a picture of the housing and the adjuster. If it's just the adjuster shoot me a pm and I'll mail you one off my old lights. They were about to be trashed anyways

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

fishyx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of head lights and new fogs made by TYC for pretty cheap on amazon. Around $60 for the pair of headlights, and about the same for the fogs

Edit: take a picture of the housing and the adjuster. If it's just the adjuster shoot me a pm and I'll mail you one off my old lights. They were about to be trashed anyways

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

Thanks!! I'll pull it today and see what it's all about in there.

Members online