Got me some new shoes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firestone Destination A/T 235/65R17

You must be registered for see images

760$CDN installed. The garage filled them with Nitrogen which is cool. I noticed a difference instantly when driving back home. Ride was much more comfortable and my Jeep cornered much better vs the crappy Wrangler HPs.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Firestone Destination A/T 235/65R17

760$CDN installed. The garage filled them with Nitrogen which is cool. I noticed a difference instantly when driving back home. Ride was much more comfortable and my Jeep cornered much better vs the crappy Wrangler HPs.

You finally sealed the deal huh? Good stuff ... they look great! That's a good price up here in the great white north!

Secretly I was hoping you would go for the 245's .. so I could see if they would fit before I buy mine ...heh heh

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You finally sealed the deal huh? Good stuff ... they look great! That's a good price up here in the great white north!
I wanted to seal the deal earlier, but they were on back order for the past 3 weeks. They finally received them on Wednesday and I had them installed today.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Those are nice tires. I think I will go back to a good AT after these muds are finished. I am interested how they bite in the snow.:-k

Mahkis

Reaction score
Nice, I just put some new rubber on my Limited as well and was down to those and the Hankook ATm's. Ended up going with the Hankooks in a 245/65-17 because they were in stock and cheaper. Can't beat new tires after rolling on the stock GY.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I just put some new rubber on my Limited as well and was down to those and the Hankook ATm's. Ended up going with the Hankooks in a 245/65-17 because they were in stock and cheaper. Can't beat new tires after rolling on the stock GY.

Pics!!!!

I just went from the 245/70-16 AT2's to some 235/75-16 Toyo Open Country's.

They are going to take some getting used to. They certainly look skinnier! I don't think it looks awful, but it looks different. Time will tell. I think I am more of a fan of the "fat-tire" look on the KJ. These may grow on me more.

I haven't really driven it or played with the articulation (or lack thereof) to check fitment, but I think they'll work really well with my little lift.

Quicksilversurf917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are nice tires. I think I will go back to a good AT after these muds are finished. I am interested how they bite in the snow.:-k

They bite great in the snow! we had 8in of snow one night last year in MD and my court wasnt plowed yet so I decided to make some fresh tracks and the tires were amazing!

To the OP...why didnt you go with 245? I fit them under my stock 40K suspention without rubbing.

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same tires. Worked well off-roading. The tire size is nice (17"), but the selection stinks.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They bite great in the snow! we had 8in of snow one night last year in MD and my court wasnt plowed yet so I decided to make some fresh tracks and the tires were amazing!

To the OP...why didnt you go with 245? I fit them under my stock 40K suspention without rubbing.
Good to know they kick ass in the snow!

Why didn't I go for 245s? Errr...I don't know lol. I just wanted to stick with the stock size I guess.:p

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rage.....tires look really good.

Did the have them in 245/65/17? They might be my next set.

Dave

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rage.....tires look really good.

Did the have them in 245/65/17? They might be my next set.

Dave
Thanks

I didn't even check. I told them make/model/year and the guy pulled up 235/65r17 and I went with that. I'm quite happy with my tires. I went up to the cottage on Sunday and they are very stable on gravel roads. Very grippy as well.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I went out for a drive in the snow storm today. We had 6-7 inches of the white stuff. I am extremely impressed with these tires(Destination A/T). They grab like you wouldn't believe. Two thumbs up for these tires. They kick ass!!(biggthumpup)(biggthumpup)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
That actually isn't a BAD price...

They're worth every dollar we spent on them!
On road I don't find them anymore noisy than some of the leading A/T tires are.
The wet traction on pavement is excellent. I can hit large deep puddles at highway speeds with absolutely zero hydroplaning!
Hard braking in the wet is excellent as well.
Off road is top notch as well, regardless what I through at them...