My babys got new shoes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So far in 129,000 miles I have had
235-70-16 stock junkyears
245-70-16 Firestone Destination ATs
255-70-16 Kumho KL78s
265-70-16 BFG All Terrain T/As

and NOW
265-75-16 Goodyear Wrangler DURA-TRACs
You must be registered for see images attach

and I can still go a little higher before I do a lift kit to my garage roof and door:D

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
looks great tom what lift you rockin?

just an old OME HD Spring / Rancho shocks (98,000 miles on it now) and some extras. 3/8 inch thick top plate and a "few" conduit nuts. I keep it up around 22.5 inches plus from the middle of the wheel to the bottom of the fender though;) ground to the flare is now over 37 inches so not bad for that many miles :D
Front springs are starting to be getting weaker though, just replaced the rears as I had bought them used so they had over 100,000 on them, the old ones still had some lift but starting to be sagging like Grandma:(

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh yeah, good choice on keeping the white letterings onthe inside!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They tried to talk me into whites out at the tire shop, but I explianed to them that after one trail ride they would be all torn up and nasty looking , plus I like blacks out

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, gotta keep the black out. :)

Do you notice a pretty big drop in performance? Thats a pretty good sized tire. I had 255/70/16(grabbers) tires for awhile and idk if it was where they were so soft or what but it was amazing how much slower it was. You dont have 4:10 gears do you?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't really notice any power lose yet of course just got them installed this AM and only put about 100 miles on them, and its flat as a pancake up here! Of course I have snuck up on the sizing each new set a little bigger so never really notice that much if any of a change. I do have an 04 that doesn't have that resonator thing in the intake so I am sure I have more power, those that follow that thread understand LOL

Do I have 4.10s ? Why yes I do , both of the front diffs in the corner of the garage have 4.10s in them, there is a box with 4.10s for the rear sitting under the workbench and the extra rear diff has 4.10s in it!

So yes I do ...and maybe someday some of them may find their way into the KJ :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats cool. I guess if you dont have hills its hard to notice a difference. Mine would hardly hold its speed when in 3rd on the hills. Now with the 245/70's it has no problems staying in 4th and unlocking the torque unless its a bigger hill.

If I had those diff's sitting around with the gears already in them it would be hard for me to not switch them out right now tonight. haha

Did you paint the front suspension some?

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They tried to talk me into whites out at the tire shop, but I explianed to them that after one trail ride they would be all torn up and nasty looking , plus I like blacks out

Yep....I'm the same way...confused2.gif

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats cool. I guess if you dont have hills its hard to notice a difference. Mine would hardly hold its speed when in 3rd on the hills. Now with the 245/70's it has no problems staying in 4th and unlocking the torque unless its a bigger hill.

If I had those diff's sitting around with the gears already in them it would be hard for me to not switch them out right now tonight. haha

Did you paint the front suspension some?

I have plenty of hills when I go down home, will try them out next weekend but don't expect any real problems

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look real good tom. You'll have to let us know how they are both on and off pavement after you break them in some.

Dave