New lib owner/ got some questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Jeep. Yes the ESP is nice. It saved me from a sure wreck once. I strongly recommend that you use Mobil 1 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Oil. And from the sound of things I would get the coolant changed. It cost me about $130. You defiantly don’t want your 3.7 to overheat since it has aluminum parts.

There is a known problem with the windows generators in the 07’s that I want to tell you about though. They will fall without warning. $500 to fix. But if you call Chrysler and complain nicely you might get a discount.

Have fun with your new Jeep!!!!!

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the new Jeep. Where on the Cape are you? I'm one of the vacationers you probably hate - been coming out every July for the last 14 years to Dennisport.

Brought my KJ out last year for the first time and hit the ORV trails on Race Point and Head of the Meadow beach...LOVED IT. Can't wait to come back this year! I have pics posted somewhere on here...

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna put the chirp in reverse and the rumble while slowing down together and say a bad u-joint on the rear driveshaft. Going slow in reverse it may just chirp, but while going 40 MPH and slowing down it rumbles. The same force is being applied to the u-joint while backing up as it is while slowing down. Not the same amount per-say but the same direction.

BLACKATTACK!07

Reaction score
I am in South Yarmouth, just on the other side of Bass River and Dennisport! yay you know my area! wow good to think about and how is the trails? let me know and keep me updated..no we dont hate you if you drive like you have half a brain and remember us locals actually have to be somewhere other than vacations..lol..but welcome and keep in touch..maybe a cape cod KJ meet up?!!
and thanks on advise with the U joint...after this coming week(which is busy) we are taking the Jeep in for fluids and check it out..even if we walk away with a 500 bill I myself will feel better knowing that it has been checked over nicely....so as follows and add stuff in if im missing any
THINGS TO DO AT MECH SHOP:
Coolant change- orange is half way low and rusty residue on top of tank
****** flush- since we have no idea how hard this kj has been ran
Check U joint- for the rumble/chirp
maybe diff fluid change- for better piece of mind

I havent heard the chirp in ages..but yea cruising along 40-45mph i can hear/feel rumble..like we have micky thompson super swampers on...(we have the wrangler tires)

but just incase i forgot..when we first heard chirping it was in foward to..and when I would have the engine under load it would chirp and thought i felt small vibration in steering wheel..maybe it is the U joint??
oh and have them do the pwr steering fluid check..yea it was half way down as well..
07 Jeep Black with slate cloth inter..31,500 miles on it...

BLACKATTACK!07

Reaction score
nice didnt know this..I mean the only time I ever had issues was in a high mileage standard ******..but thanks Ill have them look into four showa!

BLACKATTACK!07

Reaction score
well if it was souly mine id have it modded already but the main person on the Jeep isnt car or jeep or truck savey..(good save!) and I know the main person wont put a 3rd of what its meant to take or deal with, so I am expecting it to be in our home for many many years, I have only shade tree qualities, but on basic tools switched out the alt, rad, drive pulley, ign switch, re sodered a/c circuit board, and shifter boot on my old prelude..drained the rad, changed the belt, and got the electronic 4x4 switch to work in my 01 explorer...I myself own a Saturn Vue(4 ****** but its a stick) which needs nadda, and our new baby which Im like a lost puppy in the dark..since this is my first Jeep....EVER! along with newish car..so....our reg mech has this Jeep club, Im assuming if they all (cj,s and wranglers) have crazy lift kits and high end snoorkler breathers and stuff..they should know about the KJ series right??? anyone?

Latest posts

Members online