Kumho Road Venture AT KL78

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry for the LONG wait! Its been a busy last couple weeks here.

Here is the update, took the KJ fully loaded with family of five and two dogs and all our luggage and did a 650 mile round trip to the north land. Lots of back country road driving up in the Iron Range, and over into Wisconsin as well to visit family over there. Got into some mud after a downpour, no problems not so much as a slip of the tires, they just dug in and wanted more.

Drove through some heavy downpours on slick new pavement, asphalt and concrete, handling was good and never felt like it was getting loose.

One warning, when cruising down a gravel road don't get too close or your going to get stoned to death by my KJ. She sure does make the gravel fly with that tread.

I also got a new spare on right before leaving for vacation, literally days before. What a nice feeling going on a long trip with new tires, new spare, all fresh fluids, etc.. She has been proven, almost 8 hours both ways including potty breaks and stretch breaks.

Oh, and i hope some of those KJ guys up north i ran into on the Iron Range get on here and check it out. They sure liked the look of my tires too! They made me aware of an OHV park near Gilbert MN. Unfortunately i didn't have the time to check it out but after i got home i found some youtube videos and it looks like fun!

Cool....I'm liking these tires...:D

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know i sure am!

After spending 16 hours on the road, give or take a few minutes, in the KJ i'm very happy with them! And i tried to give them as many different road surfaces as possible on vacation. Now i'm ready for snow!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The only thing I'm not sure about with these tires is I want 235/70/17, but they have 245/70 (don't want rubbing) and 235/65 (which I'd end up with) but the tread will make up for that...:D

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you could go with 245 and not have rubbing?

235 65 17 would be a good choice, not much of a speedo error either.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought you could go with 245 and not have rubbing?

235 65 17 would be a good choice, not much of a speedo error either.

Depending on how much your sagged out...which with 64k on it, it might be bit sagged out.

If I do these, 235/65 is what I'll get...:cool:

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So no squirley action on wet pavement, very good to know. I need tires soon and I am so undecided it makes my head hurt.

Last edited:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So no squirley action on wet pavement, very good to know. I need tires soon and I am so undecided it makes my head hurt.

Not squirley at all!! And we drove through some heavy damn downpours on a freshly paved road, asphalt, and then a few miles later it got into the city limits and turned into freshly built concrete road surface. No problems whatsoever. In a wet parking lot i gave her some skinny pedal and it took a lot more power than the stock tires did to get them to break loose and spin. Should be great traction when winter gets here.

All i can say is go with them, you won't be dissapointed, i sure have been impressed!