Got hood vents installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Ive never seen my engine get wet in a hard rain. I personally detail it so I know what gets wet and were the dirt hides. I would not want water pouring on the engine anytime it rains. Some people have opinions but personally I dont think its a good thing. Dont the GTO vents have a gutter that catches the water?

Those Stainless Steel vents that I and Mr. Pain have (Ok, mine are not installed yet!:eek: )
do have an optional rubber boot/water separator available which mounts to the
bottom of the vent which channels water away from whatever you want to avoid getting wet.
They are like $10.00 a piece.

As far as water getting on an engine... No big deal really.
Look at motor cycles!

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's constanly raining now, so i checked the engine bay.
First of all it doesn't get wet when moving at all (i mean because of the vents).
Second of all the way i installed them, while staying still in the rain, water goes right between the ABS and the header on the right and between the header and body on the left, so nothing gets wet actually.

Also i'm thinking very dim red lighting would look wicked cool in those vents... :)
But i'm not going to to that.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Das Vedania, I didnt realize you were in Mother Russia. I guess I cant use your shop for mine! HA! Thanks..

Hey Joe, didn't realize you were in Seattle. Cool to see another sea-town member.

Vents look great, and yeah, everyone who has them claims rain isn't a problem...