Got hood vents installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to take off the hood in order to get it nice, clean and even.
But i'm happy as hell! Looks just great!

You must be registered for see images

Thanks to Ryan09 for the vents.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG that is wicked looking!!!(biggthumpup)

Where did you get the vent from Ryan09?

How hard was it to install. Care to explain?

:D

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I think they look very good as well.
Here on the wet coast though, I would be worried about the rain water constantly getting in.

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just measured, got them allined perfectly and cut.
All the cut metal was later covered with rust preventing primer.
Used some windshield silicone stuff on the outside so that water wouldn't stay between the hood and the vents.

Don't care if the water goes in, have you seen your underhood area after driving through hard rain? Those drops getting in throught the vents are nothing compared to that.

Got the vents at some marine shop, they were chrome, had to sandblast em and repaint.

Last edited:

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Did you do it?

Used a pant shop to help me, cause i had no illusions of having all necesary hadware and tools. Turned out i was right, i didn't have everything needed.
I also didn't have windshield silicone stuff, which was a good idea to use from one of the mechanics.

Btw i had the second stroke cutting the hood (the first being when i put holes in my roof for the lightbar).

Last edited:

CRD Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used a pant shop to help me, cause i had no illusions of having all necesary hadware and tools. Turned out i was right, i didn't have everything needed.
I also didn't have windshield silicone stuff, which was a good idea to use from one of the mechanics.

Btw i had the second stroke cutting the hood (the first being when i put holes in my roof for the lightbar).

Das Vedania, I didnt realize you were in Mother Russia. I guess I cant use your shop for mine! HA! Thanks..

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's only sheet metal, nothing duct tape and bubble gum couldn't fix... I always get nervous cutting into any metal if it's visible. I think it keeps me honest that way.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
VERY easy to do, I have done two sets takes about an hour to measure cut and install nothing to it, if you're using a shop then .....well I wish I was closer to make some extra coin!

As I say over on LOST
"a Jeeps not yours until you drill a hole in it!"

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VERY easy to do, I have done two sets takes about an hour to measure cut and install nothing to it, if you're using a shop then .....well I wish I was closer to make some extra coin!

As I say over on LOST
I drilled a hole in her to install the ground of my trailer wiring harness. So...She's mine!:D

Are the vents only for looks or do they aid in cooling the engine?

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drilled a hole in her to install the ground of my trailer wiring harness. So...She's mine!:D

Are the vents only for looks or do they aid in cooling the engine?

Both! I recently removed underhood paddling, so i decided to accelerate the installation.

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As I say over on LOST

Noone said it was hard. It's just hard to start cutting, then there's no way out! :)

I only used the shop as a dry bright place with all the necessary hardware, don't have a good garage myself yet...otherwise would have done it by myself alone.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
When you stop you can feel the heat coming up through the vents they do work, but look COOL!

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you stop you can feel the heat coming up through the vents they do work, but look COOL!

Ofcourse i feel the heat, they're right above the headers :)
Also if the engine is working, i can feel the fan blowing air through them.

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, it's a kinda flat place. Although i think they might have bent alittle when they were riveted.