New KJ in the forum.. Q re wire on underside of hood…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boueux

Reaction score
Good to know, re battery box :)
Well, the Interstate recharged and Boueux started right up without even tapping the gas, but pressing the remote start widget twice resulted in anticlimactic dead air. Nothing happened. I see no battery hatch on the fob widget, so perhaps it snaps apart and there’s a battery inside in need of replacement @04Liberty ?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sasquatch (Weeks) makes a battery box for the 2.8 CRD that can mount a Webasco diesel pre heater underneath, and a bigger battery on top.
Sadly it's insanity expensive when you want to ship anything to the UK from America but insanity cheap to ship from China, never been able to work that one out.

Boueux

Reaction score
Consider the the exchange rates? the US dollar appears more valuable in China and less so in UK. The perception of goods from China costing less also goes out the window with their direct marketing. We recently purchased some electronics from China that nobody in the US could match.. and the prices were surprisingly similar to those stateside. But I hear you, I do. Packet mail from China is also quicker than I’d have expected.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know, re battery box :)
Well, the Interstate recharged and Boueux started right up without even tapping the gas, but pressing the remote start widget twice resulted in anticlimactic dead air. Nothing happened. I see no battery hatch on the fob widget, so perhaps it snaps apart and there’s a battery inside in need of replacement @04Liberty ?
Haven't had to replace one yet but I imagine so.

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
I'd imagine you change the batteries in that fob same way as any other.

Shipping from the States depends on the seller: very occasionally it's reasonable - but I have seen £100 quoted for a lightbulb! Then again, internal package mail seems outrageous to me. Then again post to America is hardly cheap!

The way China Post works is a complete mystery, often stuff ordered from China is actually posted her (or, once, The Netherlands!??) but I did get something direct from China (even had a Chinese customs declaration on it) which must've cost more to post than I paid for it.

Boueux

Reaction score
Getting ready to get around to looking at the remote starter soon..

and replacing the fob battery seems a great place to start!

Sidle on up to the Battery Bar and ask the Batman or Batwoman.. “ Fresh batteries all around!!”