Fuel pump - Entire module or pump only?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

libertybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at future fuel pump replacement. Are aftermarket fuel pumps good or should only OEM Mopar pumps be used? If aftermarket, entire modules are available from several brands so which one is best? I hear a lot of negative comments on Airtex. Valid or not? Also, repair kits are available - that is just the pump itself that requires opening up the module to replace just the pump. How difficult is it to open up the module and is this a good repair option? Cost of repair kit pump only is about $45 vs $165-$200 for aftermarket modules vs $450 for Mopar modules. If anyone can share their experience it would be helpful to all KJ owners.

My KJ is a June mfg. 2003 so I believe I have the access panel.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both options are quite simple. The mark of pump that I reccomend "Valeo, Ac Delco, Delphi or Bosch, this one is the best" I don't know if any of this brands manufactures pumps for our Libbys. However, If you are looking for an entire module, Mopar! nothing else.

Latest posts

Members online