Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carterdea

Reaction score
I have a Jeep Liberty Renegade 05 and I got in a tiny accident today. I need to tell the stupid lady how much it costs so she can report it to her insurance or not.

What is the front bumper called? Like maybe a part number or whatever. I've been looking for them everywhere to no avail. Thanks

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread has been removed because apparently criticism is due for trying to help someone. Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited:

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first I thought that diagram was from an 04 or older because the picture is wrong, but I got the same number out of an 05 catalog. Just so you know, you will probably need 5JJ07ZZZAB, which has since been superceded by 5JJ07TZZAB. You are looking at paying full price, $222, and probably more, since dealers always charge MSRP and then some. It is not practical to buy a large part like this online and ship it because it would have to go freight and you will pay more. Paint and labor is going to tack on another $500, easily. I think telling her approximately $750 is a good starting point for her to decide whether to go through insurance. She will probably be paying a $500 deductible plus any adverse effects on her premiums.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread has been removed because apparently criticism is due for trying to help someone. Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited:

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, way to be a jerk. That was totally unnecessary. I said at first. At first glance it did not look right to me because it's a line drawing. Once I looked at it closer I understood what it was showing and I saw the 2005, and checked my copy. It is not uncommon to see an old drawing in service manuals and catalogs when there were changes made to a part. So yes, the picture IS wrong. Go look at an 05-07 Front Fascia. There is no raised and protruding boxes on the corners - it is completely flat all the way across the ledge. That is the huge difference from 04-05.

And those fog lights looked more like Renegade lights because they are entirely too big and are not mounted as if they are embedded in the grille, but protruding forward and would go on top of the bumper. In fact, I still think that is what they are showing. "Duhhh"

Attachments

• DCP_1166a (Medium).JPG
    DCP_1166a (Medium).JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 15

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think if you look at the blinkers, you know, on the fenders, you can see its an '05 plus

See, I also noticed that, and that is why this picture is such a mess. It shows features indicative of an 04 in the boxy corners, but an 05+ with the turn signals mounted above the ledge and not in the boxes... Crazy picture, but the first thing that stuck out at me were those boxes and it immediately made me think the picture was of an 04 until I saw the 2005 in the corner and pulled my copy to make sure. Either way, how was anything I said cause for comments like that?

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

carterdea

Reaction score
Well, I can't see the picture you had, but the other picture does not look like my 05 Renegade. It has a Matte plastic, cheap looking bumper. So I don't think I'll need paint, but thanks man.

What would it be if I don't need the paint?

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Jeep Liberty Renegade 05 and I got in a tiny accident today. I need to tell the stupid lady how much it costs so she can report it to her insurance or not.
Why not just go to a body shop, get an estimate (they're free) and give it to the person who damaged your vehicle?

carterdea

Reaction score
thats what I'm gonna do but I'm so busy with all of my finals and stuff so i wanted to call her soon