Front bumper repainted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dutch

Reaction score
Lady swiped my front bumper as she was leaving our parking lot.
She had plenty of room, as UPS and FedEx trucks come in and out nearly ever day. This is a senior retirement apartment lot and she had a small dog in front with her.
She had insurance so that was good. Cost $2,600 to repair bumper, replace license plate holder and plate and paint. They did an excellent job.

Attachments

• IMG_20230330_142226796_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230330_142226796_HDR.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 7

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expensive side swipe! Thank goodness for insurance. I think I would have gotten a steel ARB bumper at that point because it would end up being cheaper (and bullet proof).

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Surprised it wasn't totaled, but I expect you're glad it wasn't.

Personally I would've tried to get a much smaller cash settlement & sorted it myself. Insurance obviously works differently in the US, 'cos here you'd be paying so much in additional premiums for years to come, it'd hardly be worth claiming.

dutch

Reaction score
Surprised it wasn't totaled, but I expect you're glad it wasn't.

Personally I would've tried to get a much smaller cash settlement & sorted it myself. Insurance obviously works differently in the US, 'cos here you'd be paying so much in additional premiums for years to come, it'd hardly be worth claiming.
Yeah, I thought about repairing it myself as I've built many rods and customs in my lifetime but now I'm 78 and just don't feel like a young guy anymore. About a year ago was the first time in my entire life I let a shop change the oil on my Jeep.
BTW, I thought as you did that they might total it, but I was prepared to buy it back from the insurance if they did that. Funny thing with me and parking lots. A couple years ago I parked on the end of a Costco lot and a lady came around and must have hit her gas instead of the brake. I had just bought a real nice 2001 shortbed Chevy pickup. Bought it on Thursday and it was totaled on Sunday. She hit it hard, would have taken a new bed, bumper, etc. Luck again was with me as she waited until I came out to deal with it.
As for what the Jeep cost to repair I thought it was a little high too, but a friend who used to have a body shop told me right off it was probably a $2500 job so he was pretty close.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.