Forum Announcement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
At least you can get rid of the stupid photos across the top of the page!
The extra questions are not needed at all. :burnout:

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You can get rid of them yourself, its collapsible. The little diamond shape image to the top right of the box, click it, and it will disappear.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone so butt hurt he doesn't own a Jeep? Awful whiny about a FREE internet forum around here.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone so butt hurt he doesn't own a Jeep? Awful whiny about a FREE internet forum around here.

People are just surprised maybe. I didn't think anyone was but-hurt CF.

Dave

PS.......Shaggy, you need a jeep now...hahaha

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
People are just surprised maybe. I didn't think anyone was but-hurt CF.

Dave

PS.......Shaggy, you need a jeep now...hahaha

Yes sir!! Like I said, I am a jeep fan and always have been. Just the time of my life, 3 kids, one being a new born, work...I just can't fit a jeep into the life as of yet. Soon though, very soon!!!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes sir!! Like I said, I am a jeep fan and always have been. Just the time of my life, 3 kids, one being a new born, work...I just can't fit a jeep into the life as of yet. Soon though, very soon!!!

Not to mention an addiction to forums.......haha

Dave

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score

Mostly because what happens in many cases, when a forum changes hands, it's not for the better.

In MOST cases, what has happened is the new owner says
YO DAWG I GOT ME A HIGH TRAFFIC SITE

Comes in, wants to make a bunch of changes for whatever reason, etc etc, not unlike what we are seeing.

99% of the time, they see it as a potential money-maker. That is a concern many have with this situation. Over-advertisement, pop-ups, general bloat, pressure to "Donate" with excessively small privileges for free members (a GREAT example of this is JeepForum.com; usually doesn't happen for the good of the community, and people wind up leaving in droves, especially if somebody decided to spam a certain website on other websites and make idle conversation with people who didn't care to converse with them.

about .75% of the time, they're genuinely interested in helping the community, but aren't a part of it so they don't really understand it, and people wind up leaving in droves after changing what is familiar to most members.

About .25% of the time it's because some enterprising enthusiast found out the owner of a site upon which they spend a lot of time has it for sale, and they say
WELL HELL, IT'S TIME I GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
That.

Let's hope that that this does not fall into the 99-percentile. If it does, I fear a lot of people will be looking elsewhere for a forum.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, just give me sometime and you will see I am genuine. I am here to keep the forum running in the right direction. :waytogo:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

I do believe that most everyone has families, bills, work, whatever but if you really want something you get it and make time, money available for your passion or hobby.

I do think if I would of bought a site I would of least found out what was working, what people liked, what they disliked before major changes were made. The extra info you have to post now is not needed and is annoying, I have already had 3 people tell me they are not doing it to post here.

So how many websites do you own now?

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
Shaggy: If you are willing to share, can you direct us to any or all of the other websites that you own? I know that many of u are curious. Many of u know much of the background on our fellow member, and we would like to play catch-up with ya.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
He has a lot
Jeep Militia
GMFS
a Tahoe one
I know there are others as well

Latest posts

Members online