First Post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aeroscott

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is Scott, I have had My 08 manual transmission Liberty since 2009 and 1,500 miles, other than regular services, it's been pretty reliable, I am an Auto Mechanic, I had 15 years at the Jeep dealership when I bought it. I have replaced ball joints, A/C compressor, radiator, and regular wear items, (brakes), it's got 150,000 miles on it now and it started making a weird noise from the clutch like a pilot bushing or maybe throwout bearing, I get the transmission out, and I find a dual mass flywheel is coming loose and is what was making the weird noise, the clutch was also down to the rivets on the flywheel side so it is not a wasted trip, well thats enough about me, hey how do I get my cars picture in my profile like most of you guys??? (edit: I figured it out)

Scott

Last edited:

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been squeaking for a while, when it gets warmer and dryer I'll have a look.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is Scott, I have had My 08 manual transmission Liberty since 2009 and 1,500 miles, other than regular services, it's been pretty reliable, I am an Auto Mechanic, I had 15 years at the Jeep dealership when I bought it. I have replaced ball joints, A/C compressor, radiator, and regular wear items, (brakes), it's got 150,000 miles on it now and it started making a weird noise from the clutch like a pilot bushing or maybe throwout bearing, I get the transmission out, and I find a dual mass flywheel is coming loose and is what was making the weird noise, the clutch was also down to the rivets on the flywheel side so it is not a wasted trip, well thats enough about me, hey how do I get my cars picture in my profile like most of you guys??? (edit: I figured it out)

Scott

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like how you have been caring for it, it can go another 150k miles. Post up pics of it when you can.

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Scott
Welcome to the forum. Pretty cool you have had it this long and how reliable it has been. What’s the plan for your Liberty going forward? Use it to til it no longer works?

Aeroscott

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, My brother and I put in the new flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, pilot bushing and throwout bearing, stabbed the transmission, transfer case, and put the crossmember back in yesterday, today I can barely move, not as young as I used to be, I'll be 61 in October. I'll go finish it up with putting in the drivelines and the new B&M shifter thats supposed to cure the popping out of first gear issue, I'm going over tomorrow to do that plus getting the exhaust back in. wish me luck

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
;)

You’re a younger blood around here. I’m still wrenching my stuff at 65. A few got me beat agewise and still going strong. Aches are diminished with vitamin I. Was tossing big tires around yesterday and hands are crampy today.

Hope today goes well with the finish work on your baby. Jeep pics are welcome round here.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Be 69 in August, and Im still doing lifts on all makes of 4x4s ( on the ground ) no lift
OLFs , tune ups etc
Working keeps ya young LOL

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
65. Still exercising at the firewood and snow gyms. Not sure which is more of a workout.

Hello Scott.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
62 here. Nope, Not as strong as I was back in my wrenching for a living days. Now, I have to work smarter and a bit slower. It does not help anything that my patience has grown shorter either!

Welcome Scott!

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)

Latest posts

Members online