Factory Service Manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avking

Reaction score
I am about to start the build-up of my wife's 06 Limited and wanted to find a good source to purchase the Factory Service and Parts Manual. If you can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

avking

Reaction score
Get a haynes manual from autozone.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I personally find those manuals to be less than desireable. I understand the Factory service manuals cost more, but in my opinion are worth every penny. I have purchase one for every car I own and have ever owned. The couple times I have looked at the haynes manuals, I have found them to be full of incorrect information and seriously lacking in detail.

So, still looking for a source for the factory manuals if anyone has one.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you. I think the Haynes manuals are a total waste of time and money.

I always perfer a factory service manual. They're so much more comprehensive.

If I can't get my hands on a factory service manual I will go with a Chilton's Total Car Care manual. They a step up from a Haynes manual.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always got the FSM on every vehicle I bought new no matter what the cost. Better than any other by leaps and bounds and well worth the $$$$. (not cheap) The others are kindling. Just one repair and you will have your money back. Just my opinion.

I get the old fashoned paper copy so I can take it to the garage and get greasy fingerprints on it. (Vol #1 & 2 are somewhere around $200 for both if I remember right). Don't know if they went up in price since 7/05 when I got them.

1-800-890-4038 (Chrysler) and be sitting down with on at least the 4th beer of a 6-pak when you get the price. That is the only # I have.

Dave

avking

Reaction score
Thanks all. I normally stay away from EBay, but I saw a three part OEM paper based manual for $100, so I am going to go for it.

avking

Reaction score
My plans for the Liberty are as follows:

Lift Kit - Still have not decided on the kit but the Frankensomthing is likely
Powdercoat the wheels black
New tires - MT Baja Claw Radial (Going to try and fit 33" somehow)
Pioneer AVIC-N3 Nav System
Parrot 3200LS Bluetooth Phone Kit
Front WARN Bumper and winch
Rear bumper if I can find one
Replace front seats with something more comfy
Replace or paint all chrome with black parts
Cargo basket with 4 forward facing and 2 rear facing Hella lights
Try and replace rear seats with 2 bucket seats
Fab up a roll cage and install 4 or 5 point harness systems
Buy or build a front receiver so I can run a small snow plow
Onboard CO2 System
HI Lift, Shovel and Axe mounting system
Figure out how to get full size spare on back door
Couple of gas and water cans

That is all I can think of now. Hope to complete most of it in the next 6 to 8 weeks and then drive it to Idaho.

aksloan

Reaction score
I bought the CD off ebay for $10 and then just print the pages I need to reference when doing something.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My plans for the Liberty are as follows:

Lift Kit - Still have not decided on the kit but the Frankensomthing is likely
Powdercoat the wheels black
Pioneer AVIC-N3 Nav System
Parrot 3200LS Bluetooth Phone Kit
Front WARN Bumper and winch
Replace front seats with something more comfy
Replace or paint all chrome with black parts
Cargo basket with 4 forward facing and 2 rear facing Hella lights
Try and replace rear seats with 2 bucket seats
Fab up a roll cage and install 4 or 5 point harness systems
Buy or build a front receiver so I can run a small snow plow
Onboard CO2 System
HI Lift, Shovel and Axe mounting system
Figure out how to get full size spare on back door
Couple of gas and water cans

That is all I can think of now. Hope to complete most of it in the next 6 to 8 weeks and then drive it to Idaho.

If you do get all that you'll have the most radical Liberty in the world (dare I say better than the Liberator!!??!!) Do some more research! If you haven't go to this forum, great info: http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/index.php

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you do major mods to the front D30A(IE welding reinforcements onto it,welding not bolting on) you can kiss it good by.And you will need a bigger lift then the Frankinlift,at least 5" at least to fit 33" tires.Plus 4.10's is the lowest gear ratio you can go on a KJ still running the D30A so you will be really sucking wind on flat surfaces with 33" tires.

Click link in my sig:D.

You must be registered for see images

avking

Reaction score
IMHO, a front receiver mounted plow used to plow just your own driveway from time to time, can be done with ANY 4x4 vehcile. I am not talking about a commercial operation.

I have a 1.25 mile driveway and a 3.5 mile shared road that is not county maintained. It is up to us residents to maintain it. Some of the time when you need to get out and it has not been plowed yet, you just do it yourself. There is even a place at the bottom of the mountain where you can drop the plow so you don't have to carry it all the way to town.

All of my vehicles are equipped with a plow. I have one good plow and a receiver mounted unit that can be used on three different rigs. Not sure that same one will work on this, but if it does not, I will get one that will.

avking

Reaction score
Wow, that is a LONG driveway. Must suck to keep plowing it each time there is a snow storm. Where do you live?

I live in Santa Barbara, CA. The house I mentioned is our second/vacation/retirement home 23 miles outside Boise, ID. I am hoping to move to it full time in the next year or so. This year we had 9' of snow over a three week period. Had to use the tractor with a grader blade and blower to keep it cleared.

Check the link for a live webcam http://www.mycoolcabin.com/cabin.html

Last edited: