Exhaust Clearance Question??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntreado

Reaction score
Im getting exhaust with side-exits just before the back tires. Cutting the muffler, keeping the cats. I want 2.5" piping with 3" tips. Ive already removed the stock rock rails/nerf bars. Do you think this exhaust set up will lower my clearance enough to become a problem?

btw: Just added some husky liners for the front and back and i already love them. I recommend them to everyone.

Thanks,
Nick

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im getting exhaust with side-exits just before the back tires. Cutting the muffler, keeping the cats. I want 2.5" piping with 3" tips. Ive already removed the stock rock rails/nerf bars. Do you think this exhaust set up will lower my clearance enough to become a problem?
If you venture off the pavement or have large speed bumps in your area you will.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score

btw: Just added some husky liners for the front and back and i already love them. I recommend them to everyone.

Thanks,
Nick

i wouldnt put them in front of the back tires.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
2.5 inch pipe hanging below the frame, plus enough room so it doesn't hit so another 1/4 inch.
So you don't even go to the mall do you?
With my lift and taller tires I would never even try that
Plus exhaust would be coming right out at where anyone getting in the back seat would hit it

Don't care if "some" have done it I wouldn't waste my time or money:eek:nana.gifnana.gifnana.gif

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my second KJ with this type of exhaust and i still dont have eny issues with it.

And i go offroading.

Latest posts

Members online