EMERGENCY pls help 2004 Jeep Liberty limited 3.7L radiator cracked / major leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
so I just found out about an hour after I parked in my garage that my radiator is either cracked or something else is broken but it leaked a river and I need to know what radiator I need and if you know of an install guide

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd sure like to identify where exactly it is leaking from by adding de-mineralized water.
Is there a crack in the rad tank side or?
This may be a good time to also replace hoses & new moper thermostat.
Only use Mopar Hoat coolant or Zerex G05.

Does your 04 KJ only have the electric fan, or contain the heavy duty cooling, with fan clutch?
The 2004 may also have a inline power steering cooler as well.

Reaction score
so I found it it is the main radiator (yay) and have already started the removal procedure and drained it.
I have partially plastic radiators because they crack. I looked for a full metal one but we need a car so I am getting one from Napa today
do you by chance know how much coolant she takes empty

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
There is always some coolant left over in the engine block.
Coolant capacity (3.7 engine) is 14 quarts or 13.2 liters.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pick up 2 gallon of Zerex G05 non diluted at the store. I just drained my 2006 to replace water pump and didn't quite get 1 gallon of zerex and one gallon of water in. My radiator cracked on the drivers side a couple years ago. I have seen ones easier to replace

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the rad and water pump a couple days ago. Got parts from amazon. The rad was leaking at the crimped seam. Pump hadn't expired, but it had play, so time to do it.

I estimate it took 8-9L total to fill it up after.

Xterra4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I just found out about an hour after I parked in my garage that my radiator is either cracked or something else is broken but it leaked a river and I need to know what radiator I need and if you know of an install guide
If it is the radiator, it's not the easest (3 hours) or cheapest, $244. at Autozone, I did hoses to, along with water pump another $100 bucks. But the bitch is getting rubber guard around radiator back in and becareful about plastic parts they break