Driveshaft question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07 liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question.
I have an 07 Liberty that needed new backing plates in the rear. I had dealer install new plates and brakes and rotors on both sides. Apparently they had to pull the axle to do backing plates and to make a long story short they neglected to refill differential and I grenaded it mile later. My question is can this also affect my driveshaft? After they rebuilt my rear I now have a low pitched howl at about 70 MPH. they haven't been able to figure it out. They have to do something soon as I am not enjoying this PT Cruiser they have me driving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
It can effect driveshaft. I would first ? their ability to properly set up gears...no oil first time shows me a hint of ******* there.

07 liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thankfully it's not the ******* that forgot to put oil in that is doing the rearend work. they are going to try a different driveshaft tomorrow. I don't really want them to replace driveshaft and tell me that their neglect couldn't have ruined my driveshaft and hit me with the bill for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk