Door Panel Light, Need 12v Power wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clinbu

Reaction score
I added a light that projects from under my Jeeps door when it is open. Only problem is that it is made for cars that have a door panel light and you just jump power over to that. I need to wire it to the jeeps power that is either on only when the door is open. I don't want to drain the battery when the jeep is off. This is my first time doing anything electrical to the Jeep, so I don't know the best place to grab power from. Any ideas of where I could splice and run a hidden wire into the door panel so I can use my light for the panel? I have an 05 Sport Liberty. Thanks for your help!

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tap into the power wire for the courtesy under the dash, that's what I did for my under seat led's. Run your wire through the boot in the door jamb. Some say it can't be done, but I ran all my 12awg speaker wires through the boot fairly easily.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.

Latest posts

Members online