Power door lock woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timothy James

Reaction score
This one is a real head scratcher...

2005 model. For the power door locks, neither fob or either door switch works "cold". By cold, I mean the vehicle is locked and I am attempting to unlock it (at least the manual key lock still works!). Once the ignition is turned to on or accessory ("hot"), fobs and switches work properly. Turn off the ignition, once again nothing works. I have to lock the doors before I turn the key off, let myself out, then manually relock the door. It's a pain, and I don't even know where to begin looking. It works, but it doesn't? The remote hatch glass release button I installed still functions in all scenarios, but I guess it is outside the realm of the "power door lock system". Any ideas?

EDIT:

I checked all the dash fuses, and it was the fuse in place 34 that had blown.

Oddly, fuses 34/35, and 36/37 are installed in pairs in cartridges. 34 is 15A, 35 is N/A on my car, and the other two are 10A each.

Sorry to waste everybody's time; hopefully this post can serve as reference for someone else?

Last edited:

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happened to me some years ago after changing the switch actuator. Once you take off the key, it keeps stuck as the key were inside. Have you change it recently?

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw, all of the relays are in the Junction block, they are next of the brake pedal, over the hood handgrip

Timothy James

Reaction score
Nah, I was monkeying around with an el cheapo aftermarket radio and when I disconnected it, weird stuff happened. I traced it to the fuse in spot 34 (dash) and all is well. The fuse must just supply power to the actuator(s) when the car is not running, because everything worked fine when the car was running. The previous owner had also installed remote start, and what a mess it was to remove. May have been remnants from that causing issues as well. It's all good now...

Latest posts

Members online