Does Your Gas Station Charge for "Air" ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FREE AIR in Connecticut. Gas station attendant told me when I went to ask for change for the air machine, she said that it was free and I said oh thats good to know its free here. She stated that every gas station in CT is not allowed to charge for air.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
One Dollar For Air! (LOONIE)

Tonight in the sedan I got a nail and was leaking, near flat.
Pulled in and guess what..$1 for air...
Now I know why they call the Canadian One Dollar coin a Loonie...
You would have to be crazy to pay that for air....NOT!
Compressor in sedan put to work tonight!
35998[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• ExpensiveAir.jpg
    ExpensiveAir.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 0

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The real question is... Does Your Gas Station NOT Charge for "Air"?

Sad part is that Jeep dealerships around here will fill up your tires for free.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya Marlon I hear you.
Most of our gas stations here are still free. There still is lots of full service too.
All Chevrons seem to offer free air as well as Mohawk.
The recent stations that are starting to charge are Esso, Petro Canada and some Shell.
It is becoming more popular. I had no idea that lots in the US are charging now.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Compressor does not run for free either, you have to plug it, charge it, buy it etc..
There are $1 stations around here, and there is one that is free, HESS.
But the bastards from other stations always come around and cut the hose, and finally hess decided to make it screw on/off, so you can leave your ID and get the tip and then pump air, then return it to get your ID back. Would this stop the bastards from cutting it? NO.What they should do is just make it free for people who buy gas, no matter how little or more, That I can understand.

$1 is just WAY too much. Quarter is very reasonable, and 50c is just about right.
Compressor is nowhere near those pumps at the stations. They pump from 20psi to 40ps in like 30 seconds.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanna say that the Chevron stations here don't charge for air. But since they're franchised, it may be on a case-by-case basis.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get one of these.....

Do this with it.....

and never worry if the gas station you just pulled into charges for air or not.....

On sale this month at Harbor freight Tools for $59.99, an extra $6.00 gets you the life time no hassle return policy. The one I got works fine, filled my tire in just about a minute's time.....

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of places here in Upstate NY charge for air, but I always go to Stewart's shops, which thankfully, do not xD