noise of excess air coming when ever i press gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peymanza

Reaction score
The engine light was on in my 2006 liberty crd then went off but it's still doing the same thing. When I'm driving and i press the gas pedal there is a noise of air. Imagine when you are filling your tire with air and sometimes they aren't properly connected and air excapes. That is the closest sound i can think of. I was thinking that maybe the fuel line some where has a leak and for the proper ratio of gas to air it's sucking in more air since I'm assuming the leak is just before the cylinders. Because it's using more fuel then it should. Or maybe for some reason it's sucking in lots of air and it's compensating and using more fuel to keep the same fuel to air ratio. But today when i turned it on and after driving out of the parking lot and onto the street. When i press on the gas there was no power. As if the stock turbo for the engine wasn't working. Anyone knows what might be wrong?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove the airfilter assembly.....pull ******* it....and check that the hose that connects the filter housing to the top of the turbo does not have any tears and cracks in it.

Then carefully check the rubber CAC hoses going from the turbo to the Intercooler and then to the Intake Manifold do not have any tears or cracks in them and are firmly clamped down.

These are common problems....best to replace the CAC hoses with SAMCO silicone hoses in the color of your choice...last much longer. The small hose going to the turbo input you have to buy from the Dealers!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.