Does OME/Rancho lift NEED new UCAs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ephantmon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on all the threads I've surfed regarding replacing/upgrading the suspension, it is agreed that OME springs are the way to go when replacing springs. My stock suspension is at 60K and starting to feel like it. It would be nice to replace the stock springs with OME springs and get a little lift out of the deal too. My concern is that I don't have enough $$$ to replace the shocks, springs, AND UCAs. Has anyone done the OME/Rancho lift without replacing the UCAs? If so, do you get any rubbing/contact issues?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I ran mine with OME/Rancho setup for 60/65000 miles before I got a deal and traded them out for JBA's UCA's my UCAs are still good yet even so short answer no you do not need to replace them right away if ever , unless they wear out

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check to see if you have any play in your UBJ's prior to doing your lift. That way if they are getting bad, you can replace them at the same time you do the lift, as the UCA will already be half apart at that point.

Last edited: