Diff and axle hunting

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! (pictures link worked for me)

Did you order your spartan helical for the front? I've heard they're pretty streetable when used in the front as long as 4wd is disengaged, I was considering going this route too. I don't mind some clicky-clack noises, when they're supposed to happen lol.

Do you have a part # for the one you ordered by chance? A while ago wherever I looked it stated fits the kj 'dana 30' without saying 'dana 30a', and never followed up to ask the seller if it would truely fit.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! (pictures link worked for me)

Did you order your spartan helical for the front? I've heard they're pretty streetable when used in the front as long as 4wd is disengaged, I was considering going this route too. I don't mind some clicky-clack noises, when they're supposed to happen lol.

Do you have a part # for the one you ordered by chance? A while ago wherever I looked it stated fits the kj 'dana 30' without saying 'dana 30a', and never followed up to ask the seller if it would truely fit.
It's actually the spartan helical diff, similar in functionality to a detroit truetrac, no pippity popping. About $250 on Amazon right now. Some sources say no fit while others say it does so I'll let you know as soon as I do. I did notice in my research that some jk's take the same dtt part number as our kj's so chances are good. Of course it's gonna arrive while I'm on vacation for 2 weeks, so it'll be a while.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually the spartan helical diff, similar in functionality to a detroit truetrac, no pippity popping. About $250 on Amazon right now. Some sources say no fit while others say it does so I'll let you know as soon as I do. I did notice in my research that some jk's take the same dtt part number as our kj's so chances are good. Of course it's gonna arrive while I'm on vacation for 2 weeks, so it'll be a while.

Thanks, good info, this will be something months down the road for me. I never planned on adding any limited slip thinking the price would be wild, but not as bad as I thought.

Yeah, my brain saw spartan and went there, not knowing helical was the style of lsd. Really cool looking design, looks like easier going with how you can drive with them I'd guess too.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Though you folks might lome to see the bent donor axle. Also my spartan diff arrived today, just in time for me to go on family vacation for 2 weeks. So there won't be any progress on this for a bit. But don't worry I'll still be around to make obnoxious comments here and there.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My oldest daughter went ahead and gave birth to my first grandchild without considering my travel plans or work needed on the jeep, so I'll be putting things of another week at least...She's so inconsiderate but my granddaughter is super cute so I'm gonna let it slide this time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.