Diesel sound coming from engine??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberty15-22

Reaction score
Anybody else have this problem (2011 Jeep). I have been getting the feeling that my oil hasn't been changed correctly. The staff always complains about having difficulty releasing the oil filter, then when I ask if I can see it, they claim to have crushed it. My Jeep was purchased brand new by me. It now has 18k miles on it and is making a diesel-like sound. It also seems to "vibrate" more or less when I begin to accelerate from a complete stop, or brake after being mobile. I am going to take her in, but just wanted to find out any information via you folk. Thanks.
Angel

Attachments

• 306452_239018352826142_445594378_n.jpg
    306452_239018352826142_445594378_n.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 10

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody else have this problem (2011 Jeep). I have been getting the feeling that my oil hasn't been changed correctly. The staff always complains about having difficulty releasing the oil filter, then when I ask if I can see it, they claim to have crushed it. My Jeep was purchased brand new by me. It now has 18k miles on it and is making a diesel-like sound. It also seems to "vibrate" more or less when I begin to accelerate from a complete stop, or brake after being mobile. I am going to take her in, but just wanted to find out any information via you folk. Thanks.
Angel

The staff? Where? they probably tighten it too much like every other mechanic that does oil changes.

I hand tighten mine, never a leak and never a wrench needed to get the oil filter on or off.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
DIY for the future but I'd take it in under warranty to investigate the engine noise.