Dash Guages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure when the change was made but in my 05 the dash guages are black or dark in color and when looking at posted photos the same guages were white faced, and I find the dark colored ones are hard to see/read. Was this an 05 change ?

Bob

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yep it is an 05 change, also the switched around the tach and the speedo. we get the tach's on the left, and speedo on the right...y'all have em the other way around...

window swtiches have also been moved for the 05...i find that less ergonomic....

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gentleman said:
Not sure when the change was made but in my 05 the dash guages are black or dark in color and when looking at posted photos the same guages were white faced, and I find the dark colored ones are hard to see/read. Was this an 05 change ?

Bob

And I thought it was just my bifocals!

kegjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea the window switches really screw me up since im used to reaching for them on the door

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kegjeep said:
yea the window switches really screw me up since im used to reaching for them on the door

I guess I got used to them being on the console on the Saab , and I prefer them that way now. My forearm must be a bit longer than car designers figure, because I can never quite bend it enough to work switches on the door.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I actually prefer my window switches where they are. I don't know if I'd like, or could adjust to them being next to the gear shifter.

However, now, when I'm driving another vehicle, I find myself reaching for the window switches... on the console. \:D/

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
switches on the center console are much more ergonomic IMO.
that and it's fun when somone is always trying to open the window with the lock switches...LoL

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I switch between the Lib and a Ram, my bigest issue is everytime I want to shift gears on the Lib I wind up washing the windshield, the window switches have not been an issue for me, reading the speedo definitley is difficult, maybe its my old age, but I can't read the darn thing easily, the Ram is white faced and I do not have any problems with it.

Bob

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New gauges

I kind of like the new gauges. I haven't had a real close look at them, but I could probably be convinced to do a trade if you're interested. Assuming there are no compatability issues.

Skidplate

Reaction score
I find on wife's 03 that there is a period of time around sunset where I can't see the gauges. It's almost too light for the dash lights to be on and yet too dark inside, even with the roof slider back to see them. But I do like the white face gauges.

skeeter

Reaction score
The Ram I just traded for the Lib had the white guages, the Lib has the black. I like 'em both about the same, really.