Creaky Rear Door/Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoltzKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tailgate of my Libby creaks a lot when going over bumps and turning, what can i do to keep (i think its the glass) from making this obnoxious noise?

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tailgate of my Libby creaks a lot when going over bumps and turning, what can i do to keep (i think its the glass) from making this obnoxious noise?
Try a silicone spray on the weather striping. To stop the squeaking. To fix the problem you will most likely have to replace the weather streping. It is no longer thick enough to hold the glass firm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The latch for the pop-up glass is also adjustable so you could move it in a bit further but rather do what rjkj2005 advises first!

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And you could put about 1 wrap of duct tape around the bar on the window where it engages with the tailgate lock. That works for me.

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope this isn't too irrelevant to this thread, but when I got mine the back glass would not latch, so the used car dealership changed the latch. I find I really need to push ******* the glass to lock it in place, so much so that my wife is not able to do it on her own. How much force should be needed to close the glass?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope this isn't too irrelevant to this thread, but when I got mine the back glass would not latch, so the used car dealership changed the latch. I find I really need to push ******* the glass to lock it in place, so much so that my wife is not able to do it on her own. How much force should be needed to close the glass?

Very little effort really to close glass, all of my KJs are the same, just push lightly and it clicks in

Latest posts

Members online